Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently signed up to this great forum in search of info, and ideas, and boy did I find info and ideas. You guys are amazing! The props that you all have built are just incredible. Ive always been a fan of Halloween and used to decorate my parents house growing up. I have since bought my own house 3 years ago, but its been years and years since I actually decorated more than just putting out a carved pumpkin. But this year I have been bitten by the bug, and decided to hunt down some ideas for my haunt this year. Thats how I came across this great place, and Ive been reading for days in awe at all the very cool props that have been built by members here. Ive already built an FCG rig, but havent made my ghost. But thats another thread. I wanted to show you my groundbreaker corpse I made. Its my very first prop, and it cost about $9.00 to make. The skull, paint, and webs are the only things I bought. All the other stuff I had around the house. I.E. wire hangers, duct tape, shopping bags, and some pvc pipe. I read about corpsing with melted shopping bags, and I thought I would give it a try. I made the frame of the skeleton with wire hangers taped to a piece of pvc used for the spine. then wrapped shopping bags all over it, and melted them with my heat gun. Picked up a skull from Target, stretched some fake webs on for added effect, and then painted the entire thing white. I then painted it with brown paint, and dabbed it off here and there for shading. I also added some black paint to darken some areas of the corpse. Im pretty pleased with how it came out for my first prop. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
313 Posts
wow nice job skid......looks like your work area is as messy as mine ............good job though I like the no lower jaw thing ............

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, with the no lower jaw thing that looks like it came right out of a Tool video. Yah know, that freaky little guy with the arm that goes nuts in the "Sober" video? I of course mean this in the best possible way. That thing looks horrifying!! Very nice job!!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Cool Job!
I've never tried the melted plastic bag thing either, I'll probably give it a go after seeing this.
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. :) For the melted plastic bags. You just wrap the bags around the places you want it. Take your heat gun, and start melting away. The longer you melt them, the tighter, and more skin like they look. Its very simple, and looks pretty good. I think he'll look pretty creepy with a green spotlight on him at night in front of a tombstone. :) (which Im currently making) Thanks again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow thats your first prop? Thats fantastic for that. I gotta do one like that. So many props so little time sigh....
The FCG was the 1st one we did too. Gets awful exciting building them doesnt it. I got my first house then went crazy. Im the nut in the hood w/all the crazy props. Cant help myself tho.
Your prop looks like an alien corpse to me.
I have to find that thread on how to make him. He looks great. Oh yeah welcome to prop building, your gonna need lots of space to store things. heehee. My haunt gets bigger every yr and no sign of letting up either!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Great work skid, you are doing great work for your first prop, and now i am sure there will be no stopping you. It is so nice to build your own stuff.

·
Mistress of Mayhem
1,673 Posts
What are my thoughts?

My initial thought is that I will have nightmares tonight after that being the last thing I look at before hitting the sack. Thanks a lot. LOL

Second thought: GREAT JOB !!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, thanks guys. I really appreciate all the great comments. Yes it is so much fun to build your own props. It will make Halloween that much more fun knowing that the props I made gave the Tot's a good time. Many thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts