Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a long winded video but what the heck. I tend to build as I go so I make a lot of mistakes and modifications but I am pretty happy with how my mech turned out. I think I will move my braces to the back because my ideas for my prop need room in the front of that, but it is a start for next year.

Any comments good or bad are appreciated, please just make negative comments constructive, I am all about improving it and making it better.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So 1st on the rig.,.I think moving that distance, the slow speed may be creepier then just a quick startle...IMHO (it just keeps coming at you).
So I was already jealous about your sissor rig, but then the Car is in the full shot and showing the 2 car garage (jealous again), BUT then you HAD to swing the video to your shop area and I'm now drooling. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I agree that a nice slow steady pace would be cooler, I am hoping my prop will not weigh to much and maybe I can extend it a little further. I even thought about a two stage speed that I think I know how to hook up, have it come out a 3-4 feet kind of slow and then speed up. I will have a couple quick and dirty scares so having something like this and the hanging man I hope to build with a couple others will add to the athmosphere.

I regretted having my car in the shot, I hope it doesnt detract from what I am going for, lol... but thanx. One thing about having more room is you have more crap.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
i'm jelly. really want to figure out pneumatics this year.
Pneumatics seem to perplex a lot of people but they're really pretty simple. Motors have there place for some applications but for a lot of props you can't beat pneumatics.
pupuslinger, great job on the scissor! If this is going to be out in the weather (which I assume it will) you may wanna give yourself a cushion on the weight of the prop to allow for it getting wet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think pneumatics are pretty easy, there is more stuff to make it work, but once you do one it is a piece of cake. The only drawback is the noise in my opinion, but you have good control over both directions which is nice.

Unfortunately I wont see any weather, I wish I could leave stuff out, but I will be doing a lot of work for one night :( but once I get my prop done and find out how much it weights, I can see what needs to be done. If I knocked off a couple feet I could probably get another 5 lbs on there pretty easy. It did good with the 10 lbs but it did have some droop. If I build another one I will go with a larger scissor.

My area has not been kind to peoples displays, they are mostly inflatables and what not, but they do get slashed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts