Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just wanted to put some pics of my new converted power supply. I used this website web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/powersupply.htm as a guide but made a few alterations. Instead of using binding posts and one ground I opted to use 2.1mm jacks with a positive and negative wire going to each of the jacks. In the center is a red LED connected to the gray power OK wire. Unfortunately I miscalculated the resistor I needed so the LED is pretty dull but live and learn lol. With the resistor on the 5V rail I am getting a nice steady 12.18V. I didn't use any 5V or 3.3V power but I don't have anything that uses those voltages. Any comments or questions are welcome, thanks for reading.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks xpendable, this is the first bit of electronics work I've done but I think I'm hooked now time to try and make some spot lights for my tombstones :D.

·
Bucky Brain Surgeon
908 Posts
Good work! I wasn't quite that ambitious when I made mine. I just have the 5volt and 12 volt wires connected to terminal strips. MIne is not nearly as cool looking.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Buckaneerdude. I figured more is more for a power supply lol. I am using it for my monster box and have a 12V linear actuator, a wiper motor, and a 12V relay for a hacked MP3 player so I built the power supply to do all of those +1 so hopefully it will last for many years! :D. I really wish I had of figured out the right resistor before I put it all together but at least I can change it later if I want the led to be brighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts