Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall..
here is my first pirate theme..
I made the treasure chest , gold gnugets & cannon this weekend..
I didn't have time to finish the cannon.. needs wheels & chain plus some c-balls.. & the pirate will be drinking via pond pump next yr..

·
Registered
697 Posts
love the skeley pirate, the treasure, the flag.. all things pirate.. however.. why are there bushes and plastic jack o lanterns...stick to your theme

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hi yall..
needs wheels & chain plus some c-balls..
Some of the dollar stores (I think Dollar Tree) are selling "ball & chain". The balls are great for cannonballs. Just snip off the small plastic loop connecting them to the cheapo chain, then dry brush with brown and grey. My husband can churn out a finished cannonball in just a few minutes. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
love the skeley pirate, the treasure, the flag.. all things pirate.. however.. why are there bushes and plastic jack o lanterns...stick to your theme

those are pirate jac0lanterns LOL.. they did use hollowed out gords in tose days ya know hahaha.. but I do move them on Halloween night.. they are actually my first things I throw up every year for the easy 1st half of the month just to light up the porch..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some of the dollar stores (I think Dollar Tree) are selling "ball & chain". The balls are great for cannonballs. Just snip off the small plastic loop connecting them to the cheapo chain, then dry brush with brown and grey. My husband can churn out a finished cannonball in just a few minutes. Maybe worth a try?

I just saw your ball chain post.. perfect .. thanks..
I cant believe I haven't even started to upgrade my theme yet this year,,

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Yaarrr!!!! Nice job, matey! I used some styrofoam balls and metallic spray paint for our cannon balls. Hot glued four of them together to make a little stack that won't come apart.
Ye can't beat a good pirate display!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts