Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there across the pond. I'm from Australia.
Most people down here don't celebrate Halloween, but we sure do at our house.
Here is a video of my monster in a box. it is controlled with an Arduino. Has four pneumatic cylinders for the movement, a hacked MP3 player so it can be controlled by the Arduino, and a set of computer speakers with a subwoofer for sound.

·
Registered
244 Posts
In the video the pneumatics are almost silent, or are drowned out by the sound of the box moving. How did you get it so quiet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the video the pneumatics are almost silent, or are drowned out by the sound of the box moving. How did you get it so quiet?
I slowed the cylinders down with flow control valves, I also put nylon "feet" on the cylinders to quieten the impact with the ground and I took apart all the cylinders and put rubber washers that I cut from an old tyre tube at each end of the cylinders.
I also spent quite a bit of time "timing" the cylinders with the soundtrack to help hide it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
This is awesome! Made me think, the kids had bumble balls when they were little. If I can find them I could put them in a cardboard box and have a low-tech version :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts