Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,689 Posts
Really nice! The bottoms/edges all need to be aged/roughened up a bit since they look so shiny new, but if you do what you did to the face area, you'll have a really stellar mask. I really like the crossed twine along the top and the build up of the cheekbone area. Hope you've got a nice soft fabric under it in contact with your skin tho because burlap gets itchy and hot if you wear it long! :D

I would suggest some very slight use of brown and black paints, watered down and then lightly applied in blotchy uneven areas with more built up towards the bottoms/edges. And maybe pull out some of the threads along the bottom here and there so it's more uneven and frayed looking.

Very scary tho!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really nice! The bottoms/edges all need to be aged/roughened up a bit since they look so shiny new, but if you do what you did to the face area, you'll have a really stellar mask. I really like the crossed twine along the top and the build up of the cheekbone area. Hope you've got a nice soft fabric under it in contact with your skin tho because burlap gets itchy and hot if you wear it long! :D

I would suggest some very slight use of brown and black paints, watered down and then lightly applied in blotchy uneven areas with more built up towards the bottoms/edges. And maybe pull out some of the threads along the bottom here and there so it's more uneven and frayed looking.

Very scary tho!
Thank you for the suggestions. This is actually before I finished it. I will have to get an updated pic of it. and yes I did out a nice soft lining in it. But thank you for the advice Ill at some of the blotchy areas to it for sure. most of the bottom picture is cut away. I will definitely get an updated pic of it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great mask, I love the stitching at the top of the head. I recommend a noose to bring the neck area in more and help define the face, but that isn't essential.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts