Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just so glad I found this site. I t has gotten my mind going on the possibilities and hopefully will help me to make my haunts better. Of course all the talk of Halloween gets me thinking about past experiences. I figured it might be fun to share the first haunt I did.

I would have been 12 I think. My sister was in a group called Job’s Daughter and she was to host their Halloween party. She came up with the plan to do a haunted house in our basement. She came up with the idea of doing it, but it fell on me to actually put the thing together. All she wanted to do was have a ‘fortune telling’ thing at the end where if you stuck you hand in a hole you either got some lame ass fortune or a hand full of slimy noodles. I thought that was lame, but it was officially her party.

At that point in time all I had were a couple of masks to work with, but it was enough. I took one mask, hooked in up with fishing line and made a simple set up so that a person behind the curtains would be able to make the head float as the people walked by. I put together a simple dummy and sat him in a chair. We used a bench n the laundry room where a dead body would awaken and that was about it.

It was simple and it worked. I put together a story for it, which seems to be my style with any haunt I work on most likely due to me being a writer. We took them in groups and guided them around our basement, which is set up well for such a thing.

As the evening went on we were able to add a few more character as some of the party goers wanted to help out with it.

I would not get to do another actual haunt until last year. While my backyard display keeps growing year after year, I had just not had the chance to put together another haunt until then. Of course now this forum has got me going strong and even if Scouts were to not do a haunt, I think I might find some way to do one every year from now on.

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
my first haunt was actually my friends. His parents let him use the downstairs. we had about 8 people working it. we had a makeshift coffin with a vampire in it..lots of fake blood and zombies. we had a cemetery outside and my job was to get people out of the last room of the haunt and out into teh cemetery. Lots of startle effects. cobwebs.

it was so much fun.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
My first haunt was AFTER I moved from the states to the Netherlands where NO ONE celebrates halloween haha But we're changing that one party guest at a time :D

MsM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts