Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share some photos of my "first" Halloween yard display. Its not much, but it was a BIG hit in my neighborhood. We ended up getting about 200 kids come by for ToTing. So, I was really happy. And this has just gotten me pumped for next year. Bigger and Better!!

Built the stones using cheap styrofoam Spirit and Dollar store tombstones. And then used Terra's method of pvc and rebar with extra white foam cut and shaved. Then painted them with Drylock. I love how they came out. And it only took me two days before ToTing. LOL

The Reaper is a CVS after Halloween special from 2013. Got it for $20. And it works flawlessly. Always made the kids jump. That's my family gathered around the fire pit. I was really glad I picked that up this year. It was pretty cold in Akron Ohio.

And yes...that is the Ghost Maid created by Dminor. It was the best part of my display. I got more compliments on that one illusion than anything else. Thank you so much Dminor!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Man - I heard there was a time difference from Pacific time to Eastern time :eek:

You did a good job decorating and keeping warm also. I like the ghost maid a lot !

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
very nice. and not bad for a first year. last year was my first and i just had a cemetery. same story this year, except its my second year.. cant afford larger props due to medical expenses, but maybe next year we'll have time to save for halloween stuff to scatter about in the grave yard. i love the ghost maiden image. very cool!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all so much! I really appreciate all the compliments. It was so much fun, I can't wait till next year. Got some ideas.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Fot the first time decorationg, it all looks great.
Nice big, front porch too. And TOT's before Halloween? What gives?

(And no, I haven't read all the replies, just on the first page, LOL)

I sir, do envy you...just a tad :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Halloween is not til Thursday. Why were people toting so early?
In our area if Halloween falls in the middle of the week, it seems the cities usually have ToTing the Saturday before. Although some communities do choose to have it on the 31st too, so the kiddies get a double helping!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts