Halloween Forum banner

My First Craigslist Score!

1793 23
For Halloween that is.....I got this for $25!...and it works!...From the late 1800s....It was converted with electric air instead of the bellows....This was a very exciting find just when I thought I'd never find anything Halloween on craigslist....I get excited everytime I turn it on and play because not only does it sound great but it emits this old smell that reminds me of an old house or a museum, like old wood or something....ZR
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks, Yeah....I was impressed with the blacklight flourescent paint idea that I'm doing everything that way.....It reminds me of the old haunted houses growing up.....It's a great way to still have things dark yet keep the details highlighted....I've got alot of work to do yet but hopefully have pics and maybe even video in a few weeks.....ZR

· Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just got 9 of the smallest air cylinders I have ever seen in my life today in the mail...I'm going to use them to make the organ play for real...Well...It will play a pretty cool tune I figured out with a limitation of 8 channels/keys...In the second picture shows where I can mount it directly above the keys after drilling a small hole for the rod to go down to the key....They have an inch and a half throw which is more than enough to do the job.....Plus they can take a good bit of air pressure so I should have plenty of torque....This is going to be much easier than I first envisioned (I hope!)....ZR

· Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Skulkin....I'm hoping to make it the highlight of the haunted house because it's right at the end...It's also going to be the most complex prop...It will also be the biggest challenge not only because of the mechanics of the organ but total amount of things I want to happen in real time....It would have been easier to program had I used DMX on everything in that room but I want convenience of turning everything on by turning on the switches in 1 location....1st the organ will be controlled by a Gilderfluke minibrick8 to run the 8 air cylinders to play a song....The skeleton beside it has an audio input chip like the cowlacious design talking board so I'm going to use a picaboo 105 with IR to trigger the room when someone goes in....The picaboo will power the first channel which will power the blower to the organ and also trigger a relay which will be hooked up to the trigger input of the minibrick8 so the organ will start playing...The audio coming out of the picaboo will be the narative talking and have 1 channel going to the skull to make the jaw move and the other channel going to a pretty powerful speaker over top where everyone will be standing...The tricky part will be to time the narration with the organ so it ends at the same time...After the organ starts playing, the narration will be along the lines of- So...I see you made it to the end alive...I guess I could congradulate you but I'll leave you with this final thought instead....There's always next year....That's when the last channel triggers a scream with a blast of air and strobe from over head....Then he'll have the evil laugh as the organ plays the final note.....That should freak some people out!....My sister talked about putting the web cam in there to catch everyones reaction....That would be funny....ZR

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.