Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My take on the Pumpkinrot style head. Used a medium size plastic cauldron, cut the face directly into it and began the basic layering with newspaper secured with duct tape. Once completed, I used Henry #356 carpet adhesive and newspaper to build up the pumpkin. Added ridges with paper towels and then sealed it with Kilz2 Latex tinted gray, followed by Glidden Exterior Latex in green and Glidden exterior latex in Jack-O-Lantern. Got a good deal on some dented quart cans of exterior latex base at Ace.

I draped the body with a couple of yards of black spooky fabric (from Michaels) and then used a strand of 50 purple twinkle lights (2.99 at the Navy Exchange) to light it. The problem with the twinkle lights, they were individually visible through the eyes and mouth. Fixed this by loosely wrapping them in a white plastic grocery bag, this changed the color of the visible light to red and with the twinkle effect it looks like the head is on fire inside. Let me know what you think.

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, my wife and I worked on him together so we could both get a feel for using carpet glue as we want to move on to corpsing a couple of skeletons following some of the directions we have found on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts