Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my first corpse. I also used the StiltBeast method.
The Man is a Genius.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Pat-f
I'll chalk the whole thing up to luck. I followed Allen's tutorial and this is what I got. I used stain for the color and of course some of it got on the bones, Thats just how they turned out when I rubbed the stain off. I wipped it off right away. The "meat " look inside is a light stain I used just to cover up the bare plastic. I got lucky there too. I didn't like it all while I was building it. I am pretty happy with it now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nightfisher,
I used the .3 mm drop cloth from HD. My first layer was wrapped tight and I was not impressed. I noticed the texture coming from spots I couldn't get tight. So my next two layers were wrapped loosly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vampyrespro,
Thank you. I have a full picture of it that won't load. I'll retake it tonight and put it up tomorrow.
Like I said earlier, I just followed StiltBeast's Tutorial. It was kind of fool proof.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,921 Posts
Nightfisher,
I used the .3 mm drop cloth from HD. My first layer was wrapped tight and was not impressed. I noticed the texture coming from spots I couldn't get tight. So my next two layers were wrapped loosly.
That was part of the reason I went with stretch wrap after watching the video. I wanted to be able to make it tight and stretched in some areas, but still get texture. Since the stretch wrap sticks to itself somewhat I could roll it to form tendons underneath a layer of plastic skin, or stick small pieces in areas I wanted to detail more. The plastic/heatgun method really is an easy and almost foolproof way to corpse. I'm thinking of trying it on a pumpkin some time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I too like this method. My neighbor (a canidate for a future season of Face-off) suggested that i use store bags rolled up to create texture, then use shrink wrap tightly wound, then heat it. He also suggested to use thick trash bags like in Stiltbeast's hide tutorial as another method for corpsing. I am stuck until after Halloween to try these methods. If someone beats me to it, post the results!
HM

·
Registered
151 Posts
EXCELLANT Job!! I love his video on the technique . its amazing I felt the same way when I did my first one, didn't like how it was coming out, but all of a sudden it just Pops and Boom you have a work of art. The Gel Stain is move. Great Job again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hallowicked,
Thank you so much. I did have a gentleman walk by the house and come back to take another look. I leave it sitting in the chain in my garage while I'm working on other things.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Crazy Xmas,
Thank you, After looking at your work I really appreciate that. You do fantastic work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts