Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the holiday break I made a neat corpse head with help from Lurks in the shadows. He showed me what to do and supplied the materials to do it. :D:D:D

A few more pics can be found in my albums.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey Dogman, i'm the newer guy here, so i don't thin we really talked at all, but that is WICKED. I was in the chat when you first posted the link... was i right in reading that it took you about a week to do that? Very cool. What did you use as a base for the head? a casting from a mold or a wig head or something? anyways terrific job, all these projects are inspiring me to go and make some stuff of my own. cant wait :)

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys

lonerogue - yeah it took about a week to do (mostly 'cause i found other things to do while i was working on it :eek:). if i worked on the head and hadn't gotten distracted it probably would have taken 2-4 days to do. i used a Bucky skull as a base for the head.
don't wait to make some stuff of your own dude ;)

thanks for the compliments guys :D
and i cant wait to see your corpse head Vendetta

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Excellent work, dogman. Looks like your just as good at making props as you are at makeup!

·
Registered
633 Posts
great work Dogman keep going on! But if I may suggest something I would apply white painting on the eye to make it a little misty so it would appear really dead!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Even a little white glue brushed on the eye will make it look dead. It is transluscent when it dries, but will cloud it over nicely.

Eric
________
grow medical marijuana

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Sorry, no pictures of the construction. I'm terrible when it comes to taking pictures!

It's just a Bucky skull with cotton batting, paper towel, and latex applied to it. We didn't have any real plan, just sort of pieced it together as we went. It was her first corpsification so we just tried a few different things. I think it turned out rather well, she did a great job!

The ears and nose are some latex castings that I'll be selling. I'll have a set of "healthy" ears and nose, a set of "rotting" ears and nose, and a "really rotted" nose. I'll also have a forehead if I ever get the mold made! Dogman used rotting ears and a really rotted nose.

She painted a little latex on the skull to hold the batting in place, then dabbed latex into the batting with a chip brush.

The ears and nose were trimmed to fit, and a layer of latex was painted onto the skull and dried with a hair drier. A thin layer of latex was applied to the underside of the ears and nose and that also was dried. Fresh latex sticks to itself, so the ears and nose were placed on the skull, and more latex and batting was used to hide the edges and blend them in to the rest of the "skin".

Dogman added veins by rolling up small peices of paper towel and sticking them to the skull using latex, and blending with more latex and batting.
She made eyelids, muscle texture, and other features with the paper towel, even a tongue.

The eye is just an ACC eye I had laying around. It actually is a little frosted, it doesn't show up well in the photos.

She took the skull home to paint and hair it. I should let her describe that.

I usually go for a much "deader" look when I corpsify, maybe we'll do another this week, and I can talk her into a less recently departed look. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:The ears and nose are some latex castings that I'll be selling. I'll have a set of "healthy" ears and nose

I am making my first head, and I tell you that making a matching set of ears and a descent nose sucks. I would be interested in them!!!!!! Or it would be cool if someone sold molds of different facial features, hell that way you could just pic the ones you want and get a different face every time!!!!

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Vendetta;
You described the very reason I've made my "Mix-n-Match Bucky Features"!
I think ears and noses are the hardest features to corpsify, and many people just leave them off. Myself included!

Dogman doesn't want me hijacking her thread, (she's sitting next to me complaining!)
So, send me a PM if you're wanting more info on the ears and noses.

She should be back online in a couple of days.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
She cranked out another one today, all but paint and hair in only a few hours!
I think it looks even better than her first one. I'm pretty sure she'll post pics when it's done.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts