Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first big Halloween display is ready for the big day!

Madame Leota has materialized to host a seance, overrunning our home with ghosts and bringing our pumpkins to life.

I’m using videos from AtmosFX, TheSingingPumpkin.com, and Disney’s Madame Leota.

The Leota scene was by far the most complex part, particularly the floating instruments and bell. I used deer motors and the basic concept for the “flying crank ghost” to accomplish the floating instruments. The amazing part is that the garage door can still go up and down with just a tiny bit of breakdown at the end of each night!

I hope you enjoy! Let me know if there are any questions!

·
Registered
486 Posts

Madame Leota has materialized to host a seance, overrunning our home with ghosts and bringing our pumpkins to life.

I’m using videos from AtmosFX, TheSingingPumpkin.com, and Disney’s Madame Leota.

The Leota scene was by far the most complex part, particularly the floating instruments and bell. I used deer motors and the basic concept for the “flying crank ghost” to accomplish the floating instruments. The amazing part is that the garage door can still go up and down with just a tiny bit of breakdown at the end of each night!

View attachment 742154
Awesome set-up! So detailed! Beyond amazing version of the Haunted Mansion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
This has such great presentation! The fortune teller's chamber looks like it's a natural structure, not a garage converted for Halloween ! Well done, your ToT's are going to love it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ciao.
Spettacolare.
In Italia non abbiamo grandi store dedicati ad Halloween.
Se no ti spiace come hai fatto o posso trovare
Madame Leota ?
Gazie

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ciao.
Spettacolare.
In Italia non abbiamo grandi store dedicati ad Halloween.
Se no ti spiace come hai fatto o posso trovare
Madame Leota ?
Gazie
Sto usando Google per tradurre, quindi perdona il mio italiano!

testa di parrucca. L'ho verniciato a spruzzo di bianco opaco.

supporto per acquario / vaso

Globo sostitutivo del lampione (16 inch, 9.5 inch apertura personalizzata, senza collo)

Il video loop proviene da YouTube. Ho stabilizzato il filmato e ho fatto un loop di due ore. Metterò un collegamento in un messaggio privato.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, you tried a lot, thought through every detail. I like. Although I recently read about white Halloween, in such cool white and gray tones, and I think it would be cool too. you can try to create something like this next year - skeletons, graves, cobwebs, etc.
We live in an HOA, and anything on the grass has to be brought in each night for community lawn maintenance, so what I can do on the postage stamp of a lawn is minimal.

Skeletons weren’t really what I was going for. There is a lot of that around here. I wanted something different.

I’m sure they look wonderful in your display! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow...super seance setup. Where were you able to get a Madame Leota video of such good quality?
It’s one of the ones that is on YouTube. I downloaded it with a browser extension, and stabilized it and made a 2 hour loop out of it using Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

That looks great!!! Love the lighting and just.. everything!

I was going to comment on youtube but you have them turned off which is... understandable, lol! I did like and subscribe though.

My decor isn't near as high tech as yours but I do post halloween/creepy videos all year if you want to subscribe to mine in my signature.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks great!!! Love the lighting and just.. everything!

I was going to comment on youtube but you have them turned off which is... understandable, lol! I did like and subscribe though.

My decor isn't near as high tech as yours but I do post halloween/creepy videos all year if you want to subscribe to mine in my signature.
Thanks! I'll definitely subscribe!

I'm new to uploading on Youtube. The videos were marked "Made for kids", which apparently doesn't allow commenting. I switched that off, so commenting should be allowed, now. Thanks for letting me know!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts