Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been setting up a hunted yard for Halloween for 3 yrs now, this year I decided to up the anti and make some props. Please comment and suggest how I can improve. Sorry the pics are side ways .. first time posting here and not sure how to rotate them, please let me know if you know how to do that.

Attachments

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
well the fur needs to be skinned off ... /jk ;-) ... yeah, bad taste i know ... sorry about that, but i couldn't resist

don't know how gory you want to go ... are you planning on putting a severed head in a basket? if you do, naturally you'll need a body with a bloody neck stump ... you could even animate the body's legs so that they twitch ...

but that is probably too much gore ... & gore isn't my thing, but the guillotine ...

how about a prop that is dressed as the, guy that releases the blade ... probably something like a hangman, you know with a black hood

btw, nice construction of the prop! have you thought about "distressing" it some so it doesn't look so good & new?

amk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks annamarykahn, I have to distress both, I painted the hangman as well so that over time they they fade the same, but your right they look "new" right now. I will be looking for a basket for the head and will be painting red on the blade and the bottom portion of the guillotine, like you not into to much gore. And that is Tommy he's my supervisor on all my yard projects.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I love the coffins. The only disadvantage of black is it will not show up as well at night. You may want to just try an aged wood look or at least add some highlights so it stands out better at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts