Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Not bad at all for a first try. He looks like an angry spirit going that fast. What type of motor are you using? I dont know if you are already aware of this or not but monster guts sell a nice motor for FCG's and you might even be able to use a windshield wiper motor for it. Or heck i would leave the ghost as he is and let him haunt around. Be different than everybody else. I send a salute your way for a job well done on your new little ghost friend.

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
I think he's pretty cool that way! If you can set it up to trigger as ToTs walk by, you might get a few scares!

If you are looking to slow it down, maybe you could try dropping the voltage from the power supply at least by half. Ex. 12volts down to 5volts or something. You'll have to check out your motor's limitations. Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where is your connection made on the wiper motor.. low speed or high speed? I believe the low speed connection would be to the two contacts that are physically farthest from the motor itself.. I'll have to check that but I believe thats correct..

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think he's pretty cool that way! If you can set it up to trigger as ToTs walk by, you might get a few scares! ....
I agree... at this speed there is a lot of potential for a REAL scare. Keep it low to the ground and maybe change the body of the ghost. Add legs tucked into boots (that stay on the ground, not dangling with the body) and some over-sized hands. Keep it tucked in a corner waiting for tots who already got their candy so as they leave unsuspecting... ABOOGA!

Well, that's what I would do.:D

·
crossfit zombie
7,659 Posts
I agree... at this speed there is a lot of potential for a REAL scare. Keep it low to the ground and maybe change the body of the ghost. Add legs tucked into boots (that stay on the ground, not dangling with the body) and some over-sized hands. Keep it tucked in a corner waiting for tots who already got their candy so as they leave unsuspecting... ABOOGA!

Well, that's what I would do.:D
Like that idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts