Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the pics of the finished props I made this year. The Pumpkin guy I did copy from a pic I saw on here and just could not resist building one. The other is my Graveyard Statue and then my Grim Reeper. All of the Trick or Treaters liked the props and it was a fun time. I did my own zombie makeup and went around the yard from time to time filling my foggers and moved a couple of lights and props here and there. My wife handed out candy and said the little kids were afraid I was going to chase them. My wife was dressed up as a vampire told them that the zombie was just tending the graveyard and that I would not chase them lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tthe Grim Reeper I built was a challenge. I had a basic idea and watched several youtube videos. the one thing I noticed about most Grim Reepers people built is that the skull was not in proportion to the body. They were always to small and therefore just did not look right to me. I shopped around and hunted for a skull on ebay and saw one that looked just right in size and features. I noticed on the box it was from of all places CVS Pharmacy and they don't have one here in Utah. I ordered one and it was delivered in 4 days. I had to cut a round hole in the bottom of the head to fit the pvc pipe through and then filed the skull up with foam for support which was badly needed. The next day I cut half of the foam away from the front part of the skull and then put the lighting back in the bottom. It fades from green to red to blue and the effect is great at night. I still have to add up how much I spent this Halloween but this was the first year in the last 8 that I have been able to do anything but I had allot of fun building these props.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts