Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it aint pretty ......but after the season I will remake the frame from aluminum..............but it took alot of tweeking to get it where it is now ....................first i put the motor at the back .(thats what I saw in some tutorials ...............but that made the ghost just go up and down and didnt really bring herself up like the good ones I had seen ..............so movingthe motor to the middle of the eyelets made all the difference............I played with the length of the line to make it look like its pulling itself up and Im happy with what I have..........again Ive added some cloth to make it taller and Ive trimmed off the bundled up cloth for her hair and she looks good.............a little advise for the first timer is dont use florocarbon fishing line ....it glows in the dark ..............try to use a braided fishing line ........its stronger and doesnt show up under the black light..............enjoy all

YouTube - FCG mech Jessica

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya and I did this video a while ago so the coming soon bride thing is already on here .........and it is to my favorite halloween song .......the theem from ..........................................Halloween H2O............Nice

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ya and I do need to thank Dr.kreepy for simplefying the rig ..................the phantasmechanics plans and his tutorial from youtube helped alot ...................

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you Dr.Kreepy its an honor to talk to the guy who made this rig so simple .................................I just had to move the motor forward and the I got the affect I was look for ................

P.S. your tutorials on youtube abre great [email protected] dr.Kreepy

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Nice work, she looks very nice. Where did you get the head for her? I really like the look of the head.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the head from halloween outlet in worstester mass......................they had wig heads for $6.99 I cut the neck off and colored in the eyes and ...............painted it with blue floresent paint .from michaels.............for the record the halloween outlet is very expensive.....................but very cool

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ty savage ..........wait till you see her with her full body .........she looks better .....(if you can believe that) ......lol

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
The devil is in the details, ain't it? She's loverly, ooggieman! Creepy but compelling...

FYI: my FCG rig is mostly wood too, and this will make 4 years? It ain't broke, and I ain't fixing it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well goth lets see how she looks next year...................

·
Registered
9 Posts
i gotta agree with you Oogie...

for some reason the Phantasmechanics tutorial was mind bending for me (which, I now understand shouldn't have been), but Dr. Kreepy's tutorial dumbed it down enough for me (no offense to anyone including Dr. Kreepy, much offense intended for me)....

I hope my fcg turns out as good as yours, it's been done for a while now, but other props have prevented me from testing it out....

By the way, what kind of UV lighting do you have on that? It's spectacular!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ty Serafino............the light is an 18 inch floresant black light...........this one cost about $20...........I see them at all the party stores...............

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
She came out awesome!!! I love how she looks at night, very cool!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ty spooky ...........I hope she looks this good on my porch ...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts