Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
crossfit zombie
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had this gemmy prop lying around that i haven't used it is a gemmy fcg that has a ghost attached. I took off the ghost and added some of my candles and got this. I think I will like it even with the annoying sound and plan on triggering it with a light on a motion sensor.
Picture003.flv video by lindside - Photobucket

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
WOW!! That's pretty cool!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Halloween71, When I first glanced at this I was sure I wasn't going to like it, but once I watched the video, I have changed my mind. The movement is excellent. Will you upright the candles some way? I attempted a flying crank candles rig this year too. I have video of it only during the day and it was a little breezy which ruins the effect I was shooting for. I am trying to copy the Harry Potter candles and give movement to some of them. Here is my video in the wind. Ended up taking them down before I got a chance to film them at night in low wind conditions. There is a vid of the flames in my photobucket.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
This is way too cool..... Man! There are not enough days in one year to build everything... ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I agree with indianaholmes
I thought that was going to be dumb but wow! Very cool.
I have three of those things that I packed away in boxes because they are pretty cheezy with the ghosts.
Now I have to think of all sorts of things to hang on them including candles!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Where did you find the candles?

Also, you could probably disable the speaker on the mechanism.
I did that on some moving books props that I bought last year.
I hate the guy saying the dumb little ryhm as the books move in and out.

·
crossfit zombie
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you find the candles?

Also, you could probably disable the speaker on the mechanism.
I did that on some moving books props that I bought last year.
I hate the guy saying the dumb little ryhm as the books move in and out.
How did you disable the speaker?I made the candles.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Halloween71, I forgot to say that I successfully disabled the speaker on it but simply opening up the section with the speaker (I believe it's one of the end sections) and simply snipping a wire... voila! Cheesy sound gone!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts