Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man.... that is some serious talent. If I ever poke an eye out I'll know who to call (I'm having visions of Mad Eye Moody from Harry Potter). Thanks for sharing.
Last Fall I saw your video link from Brookshire's web site, truly impressive.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Gary, your great for posting that. Ok, at risk of being the ass 'o the thread, I gotta ask....

What would be the advantage of this over using a hole drilled through a rollon deoderant ball with the same brass tube drilled through it and an iris from Easyeyes epoxyed on top? I'm not trying to discount or demean your accomplishments, far from it. In fact I respect your talents, but the cost-to-effect ratio for this seems out of proportion to me. Maybe if I knew the application?

·
Banned
973 Posts
lol I was just watching this last night in You tube I have you bookmarked.. Thanks again for all your tips and tricks for making the eyes . They look GREAT !!!!
My interests lay in the making of the mech part? Did you come up with a low cost way Of making that part?
One day I hope to finish My wolf head prop That I sculpted. and make him like "WillY" Because now I have a Hero to look up to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary, your great for posting that. Ok, at risk of being the ass 'o the thread, I gotta ask....

What would be the advantage of this over using a hole drilled through a rollon deoderant ball with the same brass tube drilled through it and an iris from Easyeyes epoxyed on top? I'm not trying to discount or demean your accomplishments, far from it. In fact I respect your talents, but the cost-to-effect ratio for this seems out of proportion to me. Maybe if I knew the application?
The key is having a center axis is
1.Left and right movements.
2. to have closer eyelids
3 is having a even thickest of clear acrylic .a 1" ball inside a 1"1/4 ball = a 1/8 of clear acrylic.
Drilling a ball through is more difficult than it looks. If the hole drilled is off this could change the thickness of clear and change the center axis.
I did drill balls to test ,They looked center see pics

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks So much Guys And Gals

lol I was just watching this last night in You tube I have you bookmarked.. Thanks again for all your tips and tricks for making the eyes . They look GREAT !!!!
My interests lay in the making of the mech part? Did you come up with a low cost way Of making that part?
One day I hope to finish My wolf head prop That I sculpted. and make him like "WillY" Because now I have a Hero to look up to.
Thanks RBC,
Here is Werewolf project

Thanks Again
Gary

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MY EYEBALL PROCESS PART 8

MY EYEBALL PROCESS PART 9
Using Endurance R/C Servo Controller & Brookshire Software VSA

Hope this helps