Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's finally done. An Electric Chair has been on my "to do" list for a couple years now and I finally made it. I'm kinda glad I waited too since I originally was just going to make it a static prop. But after a couple years of prop building under my belt, and my latest obession of DMX and VSA, I made it into an automated mechanical routine :) Hope ya like it! Any questions please feel free ask!

YouTube - Sparky

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the compliments everybody :) Makes all the hardwork worthwhile hearing them from fellow Haunters :eek: Unfortunately with the lights on in the video it doesnt really do it total justice but I wanted everybody to see the full effect. The scene is going to have just enough accent lighting to focus on the prop but then the strobes and the "smoke", coming from the victim, really makes it shine :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! Very NICE!! I love the turbine winding up....lol

Dennis
LOL thanks. I LOVE the sound track for this prop. I searched and searched for something that I liked but couldnt find anything. I then came across and splurged on the "Machines of Death" Soud effect CD from Fright Props. It has a lot of really good sound effects and I'll probably use some more of them in future props.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's awesome!! I swear I saw my lights flicker
LMAO ok that one really made me laugh out loud. Thanks again for all the great comments! I'll be sure to make another video when I get him outside on the big night where he'll look even better, hopefully :rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Impressive...what are you using to control it?
Thanks again everybody for the compliments :eek:

I'm using the Dmxorcist, DMX and a VSA routine to control it. To trigger it I use the Flex ECT Prop controller with PIR sensor from Haunt Master Products. I had to make a dry contact relay to communicate the Flex ECT and the DMXorcist. Hope that answers your question! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
wow loks great

after spending the week online looking at everyone's home made and store versions...........

I'm getting ready to start building one of these myself but
i'm going to make it a usable prop that people can sit in.

what did you use to make the chair shake like that????

I think i'm going to try using a pair of old sanders for the vibrating effect along with a strobe and some fog to help it along

Thanks and once again GREAT JOB

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
after spending the week online looking at everyone's home made and store versions...........

I'm getting ready to start building one of these myself but
i'm going to make it a usable prop that people can sit in.

what did you use to make the chair shake like that????

I think i'm going to try using a pair of old sanders for the vibrating effect along with a strobe and some fog to help it along

Thanks and once again GREAT JOB
I used an old drill, strapped under the seat, to make the motion. There are a couple sights out there that I got the idea from, but I don't think any of them are "active" anymore. I did copy the main one I used in to a file if you want it, but if you plan on using it as a seat that people can sit in, then obviously that probably won't work. You're better off with the sander idea or I have seen people use Shiatsu massagers as well for a vibrating effect.

How do you plan on routing the fog just out of curiousity? Mine is routed from beneath the seat thru thick PVC, then narrowed down to go thru 3/4 inch black nylon tubing (which is hidden in the bendable electrical conduit u see around the chair.). I then drilled holes where I wanted to the fog to come out and the tubing is routed to those holes and secured there. It doesnt look that great in the video but it does work really well. It adds an awesome effect.

Good Luck with yours and let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks for the compliment! :eek:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts