Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I haven't actually ever posted any of my work yet, but with the coaxing of others, and the fact that I'm actually working on halloween stuff now, I decided to post up one of my first 2009 projects. I grabbed a few of the Blucky skulls from the dollar tree, a few red candles, and a few of the electric candles they had there. I drilled a hole through the bottom/top of the skull and pushed the candlestick up through it. I then took some hot glue and ran it around the edge of the top of the candle, the nice thing about this was it looks like candlewax has dribbled down off of the candle and onto the skull, which works perfectly for the next part. I took the red candles and melted the wax and let it dribble down the skull from the top, then painted the hot glue to make it look red to match. I'm sure I've probably seen this idea elsewhere, so the credit goes to wherever I may have seen it, but this is a great (and CHEAP!) way to make some neat skull candles.

I actually did weather the skull quite a bit before I did the work on it, the flash kind of dulled away some of the weathering. The skulls aren't very accurate, but the nice thing is that in the haunted house we're doing you really wont be able to tell in the dark. I'll probably try to find a flicker bulb for the candle.

·
Registered
668 Posts
That's really nice and very creative. I was in dollar tree today and all i saw was regular candles there, I've been looking for some electric ones.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Very good work, those would be great to just place around the halloween party table to add to the whole creepy look.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
Looks great! I think I saw all those parts at my Dollar Tree today!

Your pic kind of makes it look like Blucky just thought of a great idea! **BLING** :):)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies!

They didn't have many of the electric candles in stock, I actually got all but 3 of them I think, I might go back and grab some more.

Kprimm, you hit the nail on the head, I actually was thinking of using these at the candy table/visitor book table we're going to have at the front for people. Not sure yet if I can use them anywhere else in the haunt, but I may get creative.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts