Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is a quick video of my yard display so far. I still have a few props (Michael Myers, Scary Carrie, and a few smaller things) that I haven't quite decided where they will go yet.

Please forgive the video quality, I had some slight issues. :p

YouTube - Yard Haunt 2008

I'm pretty happy so far, this being my 2nd year doing this. I still have a looong way to go though!! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thanks guys! I'm happy, but I still have a long way to go before I reach the level of most of the posters here.

Oh yeah, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for the inspiration and the great ideas. You guys are awesome and a tremendous help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow that looks great! you have lots of amazing props! :) What is the music playing during the video? I really like it.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,877 Posts
This is only your 2nd year?

Crap. This is my third and I think yours looks fantastic (and probably a little better than what I've got :eek:;) )

Great job, spooky lighting and nice placement of the props!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!! Jason and Freddy I made using costumes that I had. I also made Samara and the well, and thanks to you guys, I also made the candles at the base of the tombstones.

The music is from the cd Grimm Tales by Nox Arcana. I highly encourage everyone to check them out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks! He was a prop that I got from Fright Catalog. He was a groom and came wearing a tuxedo. I decided to give him some new clothes and make him a little more menacing.

Oh yeah, for those who mentioned having a live actor in the midst of all the props, I will be dressed up as Leatherface this year and will indeed be waiting to scare those who come through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm a big Midnight Syndicate fan, I have 1 Nox Arcana CD - Carnival of Lost Souls, I will give that Grimm Tales a try. Is the whole thing pretty good?

·
Registered
625 Posts
It looks really good. I would like to know who that character is in the tree, the character in front of the IT clown (little), and is Donna of the Dead from a movie. I know see's an animatronic made by Gemmy, but was she in a movie? Is Scary Carrie the girl from Carrie movie, or is that someone else?

I'm not familiar with all the popular Halloween movies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The prop in the tree is called Demon Trance, I ordered it from Fright Catalog. The prop that I made by the well is supposed to be Samara/Sadako from The Ring/Ringu. Donna the Dead, I believe, is just a dead girl type ghost based on movies like The Ring and The Grudge. Scary Carrie is a prop of a little demonic girl who is on her hands and knees but her head in turned around backwards kind of like Regan from the Exorcist.

I'm thinking of actually moving a couple of things around to accommodate my other props that I have yet to put out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts