Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a long story but one I must tell to anyone who cares to hear it.

Mrs. Skellington and I married off our eldest daughter this summer. This is one of the reasons our Halloween display had to be scaled down. There was just no time to work on the things I needed to get done.

After the youngsters were engaged sometime last Fall Mrs. S purchased miniature (12 inch) Bride and Groom skeletons. Being proud of her find she prominently displayed them during the 2012 Halloween season. For a year after that I mercilessly tortured my daughter asking why we couldn’t have Halloween decorations at her wedding. It was great fun for the rest of the family watching her get annoyed.

So the Bride and Groom skeletons were packed away with the rest of the decorations and waited patiently for their opportunity. Mrs. S kept telling me that they would make it to the wedding reception and I kept up some slim hope this would come true.

So the big day arrives with all of the hysteria that one would expect. The bridal party was as the house getting ready. The dogs were sedated so no fur or spit would get on any of the ladies and to keep them from chewing up the photographer. And the father of the bride did everything he was told.

About an hour before the photographer arrives Mrs. S tells me she never dug the Bride and Groom out of their bin but she knows which bin they’re in. So off I go for my most important chore. Of course the bin she mentions is at the very back and bottom of all the Halloween items. My mission is clear and I lift and move and shuffle enough of the bins to reach my goal. The loving couple is in a shopping bag on the very top once I open the cover. I then pack everything back the way it was and hand the couple over to Mrs. S like an Olympic torch.

Mrs. S casually puts the Bride and Groom on the dining room table and from there the fun began. The photographer arrives and without any direction from us arranges the skeletons and snaps these photos. My anti Halloween daughter really enjoyed the pictures and I believe the one with the invitation made it into her wedding album.

So my wife smuggles the skeletons to the reception in her carry all bag so they also made it to our table to enjoy the evening festivities. I snapped this shot at our table. BTW skeletons appear to enjoy scotch on the rocks.

Finally just for fun my daughter gave me these cuff links as a gift to wear at the wedding because she felt so bad that I couldn’t have something Halloween at the reception.

What a sweet baby girl I have.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My daughter is also not a big Halloween fan. She and boy friend keep getting budges from me to get married on Halloween. Her fav color is orange, too. Great wedding additions.
Printer, To much already happening on Halloween to make it their wedding day as well. She could do what my wife and I did though. Our anniversary is November 2nd, Day Of The Dead. We hit the Halloween stores on November 1st for Halloween deals and to buy each other anniversary gifts we know we will love AND use.

Marc V.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My daughter is also not a big Halloween fan. She and boy friend keep getting budges from me to get married on Halloween. Her fav color is orange, too. Great wedding additions.
But she is a Halloween fan, which is what made us crazy. She's always loved the decorations and doing the haunt. She just didn't want it at her wedding.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's a great story! I was married on Halloween but it was just a small courthouse wedding so no elaborate decorations--but we have certainly made up for it in our 27 years of Halloween celebrations! Here is my burning question though--how often do you wear cufflinks? I always liked them but I did not think anyone wore them anymore...

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great story! I was married on Halloween but it was just a small courthouse wedding so no elaborate decorations--but we have certainly made up for it in our 27 years of Halloween celebrations! Here is my burning question though--how often do you wear cufflinks? I always liked them but I did not think anyone wore them anymore...
So far just once but I have 2 more girls and a boy to marry off so I plan on wearing them again some day.

Just curious....are those particularly refined skeletons with a preference for a fine single malt?

The cuff-links were a very nice thought; one that says a lot. :)
Yes they are! Although a blended would do in a 'Pinch'. :D BTW I made #5 on the "Drunk List" at the After party. By then we had switched to a nice Kentucky Bourbon. :eek:

They do mean a lot to me.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
"You are going to have a Halloween-themed wedding, whether you like it or not!!":D Neat how you snuck the skeletons in, and congratulations to the couple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts