Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share how awesome my 2 year old daughter is. Last year I carried her around with me during the all out siege on all stores before and after Halloween. Whenever I found something interesting I would look to her and say "look at that guy!". So the phrase kind of stuck, now when she finds anything that is creepy or ghoulish she yells "guy! guy!". And I have to admit she has great taste! She goes straight for the creepy mask and bypasses the cute ceramic props that are all to common at garage sales.

Anyhow, today I decided to hit a few garage sales alone while she was taking a nap. I hit the jackpot. One cauldron with the fan blown flame, another sound activated ghost and one of those small animated witches.

Later on when she was waking up, I opened the door to her room, put the new treasures on the floor and walked out. 5 seconds later she came running out extremly excited yelling "My guy! My guy!". She then drug me back into her room where we spent the next hour playing with our new found toys and annoying mom.

I don't know if there will come a time when she grows away from the halloween spirit or even becomes frightened by some of the creepy things I keep around the house. But for the time being I will take this father / daughter bonding we have. I truly hope she continues to see how much fun make believe can be!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good story. It's those early impressions left on a child that last a lifetime. I think tha is why I love Halloween so much; my earliest memories are from TOT when I was 5. Enjoy those moments when they happen.

·
Registered
487 Posts
awww that is so sweet. LoL i bet shes cute yelling " Guy Guy" ... can also be a bad thing when shes.... wait for it... a TEENAGER!!!!.. AHHHHH scary isn't it...lol

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I have a two year old and she loves Halloween. last year we were teaching her baby sign language and I taught her the sign for Halloween.

She still remembers the sign, and will sign "Daddy", "outside", and "Halloween".

I also have a five year old (she turns six on Monday) and she absolutely loves all things Halloween. She loves to dress up and draw pictures and help me whenever she can.

Even my 12 year old is still into it. She's more excited about showing off the house to all her friends.

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I have 2 daughters my oldest that just turned 14 is a big scarety cat, afraid of everything. My little one that is 4 loves the halloween stuff and doesnt seem to be afraid of anything. I guess it may be the little one that carries on my freaky traditions.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
There's no love greater than the love of a daughter for her Dad. (I know.) And a wise Dad once told me that there's no greater love than that of a Dad for his daughter. Especially if she loves Halloween!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts