Halloween Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Hauntingly Addicting
6,102 Posts
Hey Alucard!!! Loving the roof. Oh I hope it doesnt rain. Keep up the good work:)

· Caretaker of Eerie Manor
7,198 Posts
Don't know how I misseed this thread! What an awesome piece. The detail you've incorprated is impressive. Gotta love foam insulation board! Will be watching for updates! Very very nice!

· Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Worked on the faux marble look for the crypt today. It's not great, but it's begining to look like marble, or at least some kind of stone. Any suggestions or assistance with painting tips to make foam look like marble would be great.

Hope everyone enjoys the pics!

· Registered
3,639 Posts
To get a marble look you use a feather with the edges dipped in paint (lightly) then kind of drag the edge of the feather in a jagged fashion across the foam. I kind of paint them on like veins or lightening bolts. One decorator I saw said you must have at least 3 colors for an authentic look...light,medium,and dark. Look for a bird feather on the ground and just practice and you'll see how simple it is!

· Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
To get a marble look you use a feather with the edges dipped in paint (lightly) then kind of drag the edge of the feather in a jagged fashion across the foam. I kind of paint them on like veins or lightening bolts. One decorator I saw said you must have at least 3 colors for an authentic look...light,medium,and dark. Look for a bird feather on the ground and just practice and you'll see how simple it is!
Thanks, Deadna!

I have heard of that, but never tried it. Kinda scared I would mess up the whole thing. I will have to try that sometime this week. Probably on the rear of the crypt to see what it will look like. What color should I use for the "veins"?

· Registered
3,639 Posts
With the colors you already have painted on you should use a white-grey-black combo. If you can find a marble counter top at a Lowes or someplace like that grab some samples if they have them and just try to copy the look. I'm sure it will look great no matter what and if you don't like it you can always paint over it!

· Registered
1,115 Posts
Not linking to photos

I can't link to these photos.

· Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I can't link to these photos.
Sorry for the confusion, Darkmaster, I moved some of my pics around and made new folders. I do see that you were able to find them in another post in this thread. :)

Thanks, for the comp Spook mama.

Meeps, I am very glad to be through with it. I just rebuilt the thing again for the THIRD time! I had two bad storms come through. First one only pushed it onto my cemetery fence, but busted up the back. The next one rolled it into my neighbors yard after rolling over my fence! I have it staked down now, so if it gets hit again..... well, that will be the last of it. I don't think I can brace it up again!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.