Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on this for a while. Finally got it done. Made entirely out of scrap wood. The trim is pallet planks, the main "brick" area is plywood from a torn-down building that I had stashed away for a while. Had to piece it together, but in the dim, flickering orange light the small gaps shouldn't be noticeable. Plus, the scare will hopefully make them run for cover.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a question... why did you paint the vent to look like bricks? I would have made it black and rusted to set it apart. Looks good anyways! are you back lighting anything?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
So what's the scare going to be?

The only thing I might possible add would be some type of tubing (PVC). But I may be thinking more of a boiler than a crematorium. I'd have to find a few pictures for reference.

Nice job with a bunch of scrap wood.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The plans for using this thing are to have a flicker circuit inside for flashing lights, a fogger to emit fog inside then the actor behind the wall open the door and slides out a charred body. The vent was not intentionally painted brick. I have to take the vent cover off and paint black behind it. Next year I will remove the vent and have a faux flame showing through it. I was also thinking of using some old heating duct place on top of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts