Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat seems particularly interested in my Halloween projects. The second I set down my shopping bag from the Dollar Tree she was climbing in it. She was particularly fascinated with the crows of course. I had to show you all her video:

Do your kitties like to 'help'?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oooh, yes, my kitties are literally always in the middle of whatever I'm trying to work on. Last year, I kept finding my crows in my cemetary all mangled and dragged around the yard by one of my cats. :) hehe Its so cute, I can't get too mad at her.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Yeah...my cats went after my crows as well.

They ripped off the feathers/wings. It was horrible...but funny. Imagine three black cats ripping open a bag of black crows.

I put those dang crows up really high and they found a way to get to them. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Aw cute! We have three cats and they are into everything as cats are known to be. But they don't sniff or paw at things more than once after we get things in the house. One of our kitties is having her first Halloween here, we got her in February and she was about 6-7 months old then, and I'm sure she's going to be into everything for the duration of the season. We kept a vulture up all year on top of a high bookshelf and she somehow got up there and knocked it over, several times. She's so darn cute though, so you can't stay mad for long.

2,442 Posts
super cute kitty

Your cats gorgeous, my 4 cats are the same they're into everything I'm doing. Even when I'm dusting the furniture my kittens attacking the cloth. last year I had a few occasions when I found a cat swinging from my Halloween decorations.

Nothing beats the lure of my Christmas tree though it gets abused by them every year. It starts out looking lovely but by the end of Christmas it looks like it's been in a tornado! :mad: still gotta love our furballs as destructive as they are

·
Registered
666 Posts
we have a couple of new kitties this year for halloween/christmas and I am anticipating some messed up items. I keep a spray bottle of water handy in the living room because of their love of my halloween and christmas tree, tho they tend to just laugh it off :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
My cat is 11 lbs, so she is pretty lazy and doesn't get too excited about much of anything! She is definitely strange though! Mr. Nightmare and I are looking for a solid black cat again! We had a black stray come up, but she didn't stay around too long... Always on the lookout though!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We have many cats

"Indoor" & "Outdoor" almost all newturd and spade.
(Newturd! hahahah! happens alot!)
Once and awhile my Wife allows her two precious female favorites a run through the haunted house to stretch their legs and it is funny!
They sprint through the slightly open door, across the living room at the speed of Science Diet Light, through the kitchen, turns and up all those stairs (old house-high ceilings) ZIP!
What is always amazing to me is how her oldest little cat (6 pounds) makes such clumking sounds coming down the stairs ?? How can a tiny little cat make such sounds?
The other funny thing is how afraid her macho cow-herding Cartigan Corgi is afraid of halloween masks, even if "Mommy" is the one wearing it?
He seems fearless concerning everything else, bossy too.
Mr. Tuxedo my spookhouse cat and business icon passed away 8 months ago, he was very old, had an interesting life here.
Jessica placed his likeness enlarged on our picture of the house and I still cannot believe how so many people think we have a cat that stands taller than a two-story house!????
They are serious when they come here looking for it!
"What do you feed a cat to make him get that big?"
"Photoshop, Photoshop cat food."

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,006 Posts
My 3 cats are more "stupervisors" rather than helpers. They want to see what I'm doing and maybe check it out, but other than that, they leave stuff alone. So glad! The shiny ornaments on the Christmas tree are a different story.....

I cut a cat with an arched back out of plywood to put in my front yard cemetary & my dog went nuts barking at it until I coaxed him up to sniff it. Once he realized it was fake, he was OK.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,848 Posts
Oy vey, I am NOT looking forward to this Christmas with the new kittens, although by then they'll be a year old but they're still holy terrors.

And climbers. They love being up high. Hopefully not in the Christmas tree though.

Nothing but plastic ornaments this year!

·
Registered
348 Posts
One of my weird cats' favorite toys is this little witch I think someone gave me. Its cackles when you press her belly...or in the cat's case, when he purposely flings her to get her to make said noise. Too bad I don't have a video camera.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My cats (Vincent and Boris) must inspect everything, and demand unlimited access to anything that is even remotely "interesting". Even though they're both around 10 years old they are feisty, fun and relentless when they've decided they need to 'investigate' something. They both bring such joy to my life.

Holidays are a challenge and I've had to change my decorating choices: Vincent decided a few Halloween's ago that he developed a taste for paper-mache paste, and anything made with said paste that he watched me make was targeted until the season was over: I'd find paper mache pumpkins and things all wet, full of kitty teeth marks, and completely shredded all over the floors and tables throughout the house.

After 5 Christmas' with me, Boris suddenly decided to eat part of a branch from the artificial tree, which cost $1,200 dollars to remove surgically. Boris is fine now, but needless to say I only have a real tree (which is nicer, anyways) and have a zero-tolerance policy for artificial garlands and greenery.

I have to use artificial floral materials with caution. Strangely enough, Boris wants nothing to do with real trees or flowers. I've switched to a wheat-based paste from PVA (Elmer's White Glue) and Vincent doesn't chew my paper mache decorations anymore; he just swats at it until it falls down to the floor to become proper kitty toys.

Imagine the fun I'm going to have this season, now that I've moved into a house that already has SIX cats. Maybe Vincent and Boris will be too pre-occupied to harass my ornaments and decor. A girl can dream, can't she?

Cats. Got to Love 'em.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,848 Posts
Yesterday the kittens decided that the dollar store crows I bought would make good kitty toys. Then I find one of the dollar store dolls down the hallway.

Thankfully, they're cheapie things but they didn't destroy them. They actually wanted to play w/the tags on them instead of the actual birds & doll.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have 3 black cats (Salem, Sabrina and Halle Ween), a gray cat (Jezebel) and my daughter just brought home a new orange tabby (Milo)...needless to say we love cats. I have just set out my black Halloween tree (Yes, in August) and Milo keeps taking all the jingly pumpkins off it! PEST!

·
spookiness in the suburbs
905 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one with holiday kitty-mayhem, but I wouldn't wish it on anyone! :eek:

Our old man, Beastie (black), likes to chew on artificial tree needles. That includes my Xmas trees as well as my Halloween tree. The Halloween tree he can pull over though, which is annoying as all get-out. He also has to be smack-dab in the middle of any project I'm working on in the house, laying on it. Mackintosh (orange tabby/white) is fond of the garlands and other silk-foliage type arrangements, but at least he doesn't destroy them. He just bats or drags them around. We have a 9 month old manx that adopted us a few months ago (Tricksy, also black), and I'm scared of what she'll get into. I have nightmare visions of her tumping over artificial trees, and not just the little ones! Methinks Tricksy and the water guns will become WELL acquainted come October 1 or so ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
My cats love to crawl inside plastic bags and sleep in them! I'm afraid they're going to asphyxiate so I have to empty all plastic bags immediately when I bring any home, or put them away in a drawer...
I also have to be careful with anything that uses real feathers (or fur/leather) because the cats WILL use it as a toy! I had a nice pair of costume angel wings that they completely destroyed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts