Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last of the ornate monuments I'm making for this year. I may have posted some of these in another thread but here's an update. This one stands at 7 feet tall. It's a wooden crate skinned in foam. The letters are wood and were purchased at A.C. Moore. I routed a square in the face and set the letters/date with liquid nails. The wooden scroll appliques are from Michaels. The column is a concrete tube from Lowes. The column base/top pieces are also from Lowes. I need to cut/detail the top foam pieces, and finish the painting. It will be an antique stone white to match the finial on top.
Hope to have it done by next week so will post completed pics then. Thanks for looking!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool! It will grab attentionto the cemetery for sure!
Thanks Terra. It's pretty imposing and really stands out (or should I say "stands up").

Looks great !!!!!!
Thanks!

I really like it!
That's a unique style of tommbstone I haven't seen anyone make before!
Great job!
Thanks Dave. It's loosely modeled after one in a local cemetery not far from our house. I saw some really neat ones while tending some family graves this spring so it gave me some inspiration.

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
I love it. And the name too. The pics were great too and it's always interesting to me to see what people make use of in their construction. Where did you get the tube from?

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wicked cool and nice directions!
Thanks. They're not so much directions as a parts list but hopefully it explains how it went together.

I love it. And the name too. The pics were great too and it's always interesting to me to see what people make use of in their construction. Where did you get the tube from?

The tube came from Lowes. Cost a bit over 5 bones. The name I got from a stone at Brewster Yard Haunt. Thought it was pretty catchy so I "borrowed" the idea.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks really really good! That'll certainly give you the vertical attraction you were looking for.
Thanks Mark, and at my age, I need all the vertical attraction I can get!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some finishing pics

Here are a few more of the build process and a couple of the finished monument.

The column top/bottom in primer

Top section assembled and glued.

The column taking paint.

Base section completed

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are a couple of the finished monument. Please excuse the glare. It's a big bugger and stands over 7 feet. It will remain in three sectins for ease of assembly/storage.

Group shot of my five new markers this year

Thanks for looking!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JDub, those look...well.... monumental! :p Love seeing them all together. The cemetery is gonna rock this year!
Thanks Terra. I'm thinking I need to age the column section a bit more so will have to experiment a bit. My pictures really suck. Way too washed out. I took some night shots a little while ago and they suck too. Need to also experiment with my camera. I got a lot of help from your finishing tips and appreciate your skilz!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can I have them? :) Seriously, though, those are amazing. You did a wonderful job. I have got to build some more subtantial tombstones this year!

Thanks Xp. Appreciate the kind words. I'm looking forward to not having to stake every tombstone down this year!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts