Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a chalk board drawing every year for my Art students. I teach 7th grade.

Here is this year's:

If I can find some of my past year's drawings, I'll put those up later.

rigo

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Rigo, these are awesome. Chalk is a very under-rated medium. I'll bet you're an excellent teacher...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks all, I do them cause the kids enjoy them....and I love to draw...I love chalk for these cause it's so expressive....and easy to fix....

Attain, actually I don't make money on the chalk drawings...but in my side work, I'm an airbrusher.....been doing it for going on 20 years....I've been teaching for 15 or so....I've done a lot of things.....all side jobs....been a caricaturist....done faux painting...realistic portraiture and so forth...all art related...I just like teaching the kids...I remember my art teacher in the 7th grade (actually, I took his place!)...and I wanted to give a little back....

anyway....I'll try to find some more of them...

rigo

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bump for awesomeness.

Great story. Wish there was another adjective I could use, but it all leads to the same! Spectacular art.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
I love your work Rigo! Art was one of my favorite classes in junior high school. Sadly our communities doesn't seem to value it enough to keep it in the cirriculum and have cut back so many of the programs in our schools. I'm inspired by your work and sure all of your students are too. I'm guessing that they will always remember your terrific halloween-themed boards. Glad you took pics of them for posterity and shared them here. Do you get into decorating your yard?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks again for all the comments....I really do appreciate them!!

To answer a few quesitons....I DO decorate my yard. I'm a hard core haunter, My yard is complete with animated props and live actors...usually have 5-10 people that help out. I tell the kid the general neighborhood I'm in, and it's up to them to find it.

I DO Art for my home, but they are more along the lines of fine art type stuff.

I found one more..an older one..

rigo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts