Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost finished with my CGI Picture Frame prop.

The TV is a Samsung 22UF5000
The wood is embossed chair rail moulding and 1x2 whitewood from Lowes.

I will be using a Brightsign HD1020 with Gilderfluke Script. The CGI will be controlled by DMX signal. This is 1 of 2 that I am building.

Now I just have to "Creepify" the wood. I am thinking of aging the wood with a vinegar and steel wool solution, paint or wood stain.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks awesome. I need to do the same thing to mine. I was considering buying an already made picture frame, but that looks so much easier!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@heresjohnny

Using the Brightsign HD1020 with Gilderscript will allow me dmx control over each picture frame throughout the night. I can also sync the video with the atmosphere lighting and surrounding props. I am going to have a Large Screen displaying music dance videos, halloween videos, halloween slide shows etc... Depending what is being played on the Large screen, I can then adjust the picture frames to either black out, show only the decayed portraits, display the startle effects and so on, in sync with the large screen. Or, I have the flexibility with the Brightsign to program different portraits at a specific time throughout the night.

Some might think it is overkill for a simple picture frame prop, but I don't plan on just looping a video or having it be triggered. Thanks for the question and your interest in my setup.

·
Registered
439 Posts
@heresjohnny

Using the Brightsign HD1020 with Gilderscript will allow me dmx control over each picture frame throughout the night. I can also sync the video with the atmosphere lighting and surrounding props. I am going to have a Large Screen displaying music dance videos, halloween videos, halloween slide shows etc... Depending what is being played on the Large screen, I can then adjust the picture frames to either black out, show only the decayed portraits, display the startle effects and so on, in sync with the large screen. Or, I have the flexibility with the Brightsign to program different portraits at a specific time throughout the night.

Some might think it is overkill for a simple picture frame prop, but I don't plan on just looping a video or having it be triggered. Thanks for the question and your interest in my setup.
Thanks, figured you had something intricate in mind, thanks for sharing. I can see synching to other props, can it also handle triggers to drive some of the visuals? Can you multiplex triggers? That looks like onesweet setup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, figured you had something intricate in mind, thanks for sharing. I can see synching to other props, can it also handle triggers to drive some of the visuals? Can you multiplex triggers? That looks like onesweet setup.
Yes, and yes. Gilderfluke offers an accessory called a V-HD to 1/4J6 that will enable you to do that. You can also program multiple brightsign units to trigger at the same time using one as a master and others as slave units.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts