Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
one thing i was thinking about to top them with was 1" foam balls. I was going to heat up the top a bit and push something down on the top of each pole to kinda widen the top and then glue a ball at the top. I will try it today and see how it looks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I like the keyhole design to connect your fence. Im facing a similar problem with my fence and think I might give this a try. Im guessing you did this with a drill? Also like the heated pvc with the ball on top, the flared pipe end gives it a more realistic look. As for finials I made mine from craft foam about 40 for $2.00 link to post: http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-step-step/125319-5-cent-fence-finials.html
148381d1360764589-5-cent-fence-finials-img_20130213_065122_239.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hmmmm. That's a good idea. But I already ordered the balls. I used a drill for the hole and a rotary tool with a zip bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it will be about $150 when all said and done. It is a bit pricey but it plays such a major part of my display it couldn't be avoided. I have wanted to do it for the last two years. But this year I am finally doing it.
Thats not too bad really. Only problem for me is that being in Canada, it would probably cost me twice that!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Here is the all the fence parts in the drum. I will set up some of the fence and get some pics of that too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So here is a pic of a couple sections put together. i am still going to top each pole with something. It was very quick to put up and take down.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The tallest posts are 5'. I used 10' pipes and cutter in half. It is really easy to show how I connected them by looking at the pics in the beginning of the thread. There is a video too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh yes I remember now the key holes, after seeing so many props on these sites you tend to forget where they started. Anyway how is the key hole system holding up. Im curious about the screws at the end of the fence panels, are they bending or pulling out of the wood? How long are they, sorry to ask so many questions but Im at this point on my own fence.
The tallest posts are 5'. I used 10' pipes and cutter in half. It is really easy to show how I connected them by looking at the pics in the beginning of the thread. There is a video too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well the screws are about 1.5" long. I predrilled the holes to prevent splitting the wood. I have just enough of the screw sticking out to fit in the hole and slide down. About 1/4 " or less. So far it seems like it will work well. The larger pole do have some wobble on the rebar that is holding them up. But I will come up with a way to stop that. I don't mind the questions. I have and will asked a million myself.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Your fence looks awesome gr8johnson!! I will hopefully be making one myself for next year and I have been struggling with how to connect the sections. I LOVE the idea of the keyhole and screw idea. BRILLIANT!! Thank for the inspiration! :D

21 - 40 of 49 Posts