Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I've been dying to do a graveyard forever! This year I am in a new house with a larger front yard and a new neighbor that does an amazing haunt each year, so i figured it was time to step up my game.

So i just wanted to get a little feedback on how they came out. Things i could add, change, ect. This was my first time working with foam insulation, drylock or MM and I cant wait to add the the graveyard next year!

IMG_2476.jpg
The whole gang

IMG_2462 (1).jpg
Beloved

IMG_2483.jpg
Edgar

IMG_2482.jpg
Mr. Poe close up

IMG_2479.jpg
The Warners

IMG_2477.jpg
Mercy & Alva

IMG_2481.jpg
Filler

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
This was my first time working with foam insulation, drylock or MM and I cant wait to add the the graveyard next year!
First time? Wow! You've done a fantastic job with these already!

No improvements needed on these - I will say, I like the higher contrast of the lettering vs. the stone on the Mercy L. Brown stone. It may not be applicable to all the stones, but the higher contrast really catches the eye and directs where you want someone to look.

Beautiful stones though - I really like all of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Joe! I was thinking that myself. For Mercy & Beloved i hit it with black spray paint but for the Warners I didnt want it too eaten away. i was hoping the tea staining would add more contrat

·
Registered
399 Posts
The only problem I see with your stones is that they're not in my back garden lol. very impressive. maybe some moss/green on the edges corners? it's details like this that only a few will see. The average Joe will just be blown away with them like I am. super nice work. how long to complete them all?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It took just about a month. There's also a MM reaper that's half finished that took up quite a bit of time that I don't think I'm really in love with

·
Registered
12 Posts
WOW - I'm blown away by the quality and the detail. I just don't have the patience, maybe not the skill either (haha). These are very professional.

Love to see more from you.

CB

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
I like the homage to terras beloved, But really, this is your first crack at stones? I'm very interested in seeing your "second crack" at building stones, have a feeling that your fence is going to look great

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the homage to terras beloved, But really, this is your first crack at stones? I'm very interested in seeing your "second crack" at building stones, have a feeling that your fence is going to look great
Terra was such an inspiration!!! I dont think I would have tried it with out her tutorials

1 - 20 of 37 Posts