Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my casket project. This is a full size casket. Can be used with a prop, as in our first year, a talking skeleton setup. In our second year we used a person laying inside. No how to, but pictures to give ideas. It is made of a 2x2 frame, shethed in plywood, trimmed with pine. Lids are made from pine and plywood also. Hand rails are closet rods painted gold and inserted into pine brackets. Finished project is painted in white. Lids are hinged with two individual piano hinges. these are recommended because of the weight and the durability of opening and closing of the lid as needed. There is a solenoid and air cylinder system incorporated into the lid for raising. This can be removed to open and close manually.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Looks sweet I hope you have a large place to store it :D
One of the nice things about it is you can use it as a trunk to store other props for the off-season.

Perfect for a live actor, great attention to detail.
-Pb

·
Registered
450 Posts
Here are some pics of my casket project. This is a full size casket. Can be used with a prop, as in our first year, a talking skeleton setup. In our second year we used a person laying inside. No how to, but pictures to give ideas. It is made of a 2x2 frame, shethed in plywood, trimmed with pine. Lids are made from pine and plywood also. Hand rails are closet rods painted gold and inserted into pine brackets. Finished project is painted in white. Lids are hinged with two individual piano hinges. these are recommended because of the weight and the durability of opening and closing of the lid as needed. There is a solenoid and air cylinder system incorporated into the lid for raising. This can be removed to open and close manually.
Wow!! VERY nice! It will be awesome when all done. You should feel quite proud.

-Doc

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Very good job on the casket. I almost have mine done but i just made a toe pincher for a pop up prop. Your casket looks very well made and i bet it's heavy. Thats always the problem with building props, there are so many you want to build and so little room to store them all.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
darkmaster and frontyardfright, those are some great caskets. Just think of all the money you saved by making those yourself! They're outrageous to buy. Good job!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
darkmaster and frontyardfright, those are some great caskets. Just think of all the money you saved by making those yourself! They're outrageous to buy. Good job!
If you can find them, the real ones are cheaper.

metal casket
Here is a sample of what I found afterwards. (Actually today)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts