Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I set out "The Most Awesomest Halloween Candy Bowl Known to Man," or so one ToT proclaimed.

I brought out my coffin and stuck a pose'n'stay skeleton inside, along with a firey pumpkin and some green LED lighting. Not any green, but a color known as "Gaslight Green." Then I stuffed all the candy in the skeleton's rib cage.

Super huge hit! You would not believe how eager the kids were to be plucking candy from a skeleton's guts instead of having it dropped into their open bags.

It didn't hurt that I had a bunch of lines ready for them either.
"If you eat all your candy tonight, you'll end up like this."
"My brother insisted in taking part in Halloween this year, even though he died 4 years ago."
"You're kind of late. This guy already ate all the candy."
And if they pulled the box of Dots from the jaws of the skull, I asked "You're okay with the fact that they're pre-chewed, right?"

Big fun for all the kids. The older kids I spooked by yelling when they were about to grab candy, and the little kids practically dove right into the coffin.

Then again, nobody else does any substantial decoration aside from string lights and inflatables, so maybe the kids in my neighborhood are just easy to please.

Anyway, pics:

Note the use of kitkat bars to provide a patch of red where the heart would be, and a bag of Oh Henry! bars dumped in the pelvis. :D
Also, my night isn't really that dark, my camera just sucks. And it isn't very good at that, either.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Original idea. Pretty cool. :) Most of the kids were probably excited to see a Halloween display on the first of January, too. ;)

·
Spooky Express
659 Posts
That was a great idea for a candy bowl. One of our neighbors this year did an amazing job on a custom candy bowl of their own this year. They took a skeleton similar to the one you used, covered it in pieces of rubber flesh, stuck a stick through it, had one of those fabric fires going, and turned it slowly above it to appear it was roasting. The best part is, they handed out Beef Jerky as treats. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts