Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some candles last year for my cemetery, but I'm making more for this year. I'm hoping to arrange them on a coffin. Anyway, last year, I only made a few drips from the top of the candle. See below.

But, after I saw Shawn and Lynne Mitchell's tutorial here,I loved how they looked with the drips down the entire thing.

I made 23 candles, ranging from 10" to 2".

I still have to paint the candles and get about 20 or so more tea lights

I guess my point is this: If you haven't tried making these candles, you really should. They're extremely cheap (although the glue drips do take some time), and they add a neat touch to a haunt

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
niteride, those candles look great. I especially like the way the tops are uneven, it makes it look more realistic.

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nightride, very nice candles. IS that a 3w flicker bub you are using in the video or something else?
No, like most other people that made these candles, I used an LED tealight similar to this one:

But you definitely could use the flicker bulbs, especially if you need to have them on for more than one night. The LED teallights do last for a while (website says 100 hours), but if you need them for 5 hours a night for the entire month of October, you might go with the 3w bulb to save money and the hassle of changing batteries. I think that Terra did just that.

·
Banned
85 Posts
VERY nice ! Some food for thought . Why not remove the batteries from them , and use a wall wart with enough/proper DC voltage to cover them all in one group , since they are all on at the same time anyway ? One wall wart/one switch -25 candles ( or how ever many you plan on using - just alter DC voltage wall wart as needed for different quantities )
BTW -- those are some GREAT candles ! I made some of the ones with just a few drips , but , thats gonna change - :)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Those are great!
I'm with skulkin on how the uneven tops add to the realism.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I love these candles! They look fantastic!

I'm definitely heading to Lowes to pick up some white pipe of my own this week. These are just too cool. And they'll add such nice atmosphere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts