Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Master of my own Universe
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now, but finally got to a stage where I can showcase my blucky makeover... Still needs some touching up here and there he's pretty much complete. I have been wanting to attempt this, and having bought a blucky at a yard sale and with a leg and arm broken and unattached this was the ideal opportunity...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Attractive bluckie, and the camera loves her. But boney is out of vogue and sunbathing isn't improving her pallor. Need some meat on those bones.

·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the best aging jobs I've seen on a Blucky. What's your secret?
No real secret, first I gave blucky a couple of coats of paper mache, using a mixture of carpenters glue and water (about 50/50) then when that was dry I painted the blucky in a cream paint, then gave it a coat of minwax jacobean wood stain. once that was drying, just added a little more stain to the crevices of the rib cage etc.

just as a fyi ... the only parts that are not original blucky is the spine and the feet. The rest I just cut out the excess, for the arms and legs wrapped the bones in masking tape then paper mache over. The hands are as my how to. The skull is the original blucky skull with the eye sockets recessed, the nose enhanced and the excess cut away from the mouth. The spine is foam pipe insulation over a wire form, with PVC to reinfofrce the neck, then cable ties to hold it together. The feet was from one of those bag of bones you can buy... saved me doing a makeover of the blucky feet !! :D

·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That came out really great, Herman. What are you going to do with it now that it's been revived?
Well, seems to me that its begging to be added to a gibbet..

Now where's that $25 how to I saw somewhere abouts .... lol

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
I'm not worthy!!

That's amazing. Really fantastic work. I love how you've inhanced the accuracy and definition of the bones. I can't believe that was once a blucky.

Way to go!! I'm gonna have to try that out on one of my bluckies.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Really nice work Herman!
I've been on this forum a pretty long time and have seen numerous blucky makeovers but this is absolutely the best one yet!

MsM

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Could you tell us a bit more about how you seperated the radial and ulna in the arm and the tibia and fibula in the leg? I understand you cut them, but how did you resecure them?

·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could you tell us a bit more about how you seperated the radial and ulna in the arm and the tibia and fibula in the leg? I understand you cut them, but how did you resecure them?
If you look at a lower arm of a blucky, you should be able to make out the radius and ulna, which of course has plastic in between. Basically I cut out this excess, then wrapped masking tape around both the ulna and radius. I then gave the arm a few coats of paper mache, using tissue paper to cover the tape marks.

I am going to do a makeover on my other blucky, so will take pics of the process.

As for joining the arms and hands, I ran a 1/4" piece of plastic tube under the collar bone, threaded elastic through one hand, through the lower and upper arm, through the tube back down the other arm and secured it at the other hand

Same process more or less for attaching the legs

C

·
0 Posts
wonderful job, HS!!! and thanx for telling us how you did it. will have to try that!

·
Queen of the Night
1,801 Posts
Great Blucky makeover Herman. I've got an ugly ol' Blucky in a box around here somewhere. I'll have to mark this makeover for future reference. Hugs, MT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts