Halloween Forum banner

My Bloody Valentine costume

60539 68
Just saw the 2009 version of My Bloody Valentine in 3D. Great movie! Must see in 3D. Any ideas on how to obtain or piece together a similar costume? Where to look, where to start...Thanks.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, we all are on the right track. Getting close. I still haven't had any luck finding a look-alike My Bloody Valentine 3D movie gas mask. How about the lighted helmet? It looks like an older version than the helmets that are available today? If anybody finds any website links to online stores that may sell this equipment, please let us know.

Check attachment. How about this mask? I might be able to get it. It is inexpensive & maybe it can be modified with a hose??

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's what we've come up with so far. See attachments. If you find more or better, please let us all know. Thanks.

1) inexpensive mask that would need modified with a tube hose (about $20)
2) inexpensive miner's helmet with light (about $9)

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I bought & received the gas mask from WWII Canadian gas mask
I also received the imitation miner's helmet with LED lights from Rebecca's, but it still needs painted black. I bought the spray paint for plastics that was recommended. Thanks.
Once I get things unpacked & organized over here, I'll try to take a snapshot.
How about the pick ax? We may need a lightweight imitation version, if possible.
I got the 1981 My Bloody Valentine original movie Lionsgate DVD release. I watched some portions of it. So raw, nostalgic & fun!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I've encountered all kinds of challenges with this My Bloody Valentine Miner costume! I'm on my 3rd gas mask. It is an old Canadian gas mask from around 1943 I believe. I had to remove the diaphragm on the mask filter thing so I could breath and I took the glass out of the eyes because they kept fogging up so badly. It works ok now. I don't have a hose attached though. Does anybody else? I spray painted a toy coal miners helmet black that I found online. It looks ok, but the attached headlamp is made up of 3 LEDs. Is that ok? I keep forgetting to take the helmet off when I take the gas mask off and it drops to the ground often. Don't forget ya got the helmet on! What are you wearing under the gas mask? I've tried a blank mesh face type of mask so my eyes are difficult to see. Any ideas? I've been wearing a mechanics suit, boots and gloves. No pickax yet either. Any ideas will help!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
so the next challenge I've encountered is explaining who I am to visitors who have no idea about the My Bloody Valentine movies. I mean, they have no clue who The Miner is...what he is all about. I'm not really sure they even know I'm a coal miner. Has somebody encountered this problem, too? Maybe I need to put a 'MINER' patch or decal on the jumpsuit or helmet? My haunted yard is even located on what is termed 'Coal Town Hill' in our community because of all the heavy coal mining years ago, but people still seem confused.

Here's a quick pic of the mask & helmet with lamp.
http://www.partiers.com/hauntedsummitviewdrive/miner.jpg

Not giving up yet!
Thanks!
Kevin.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Very scary z50 Jumper! Looks like you're on the prawl inside an office! Great costume & prop... Hey, I won scariest costume at an annual local city Halloween party with my Miner's costume from My Bloody Valentine. Fun times!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.