Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In June, 2015, a woman spotted Bigfoot on my road. An "Official" investigation was performed by the Bigfoot Hunters who have the television show. They concluded that he/she was simply migrating through the area and posed no threat to the people or livestock. My personal feelings are that he/she must have lost a beloved family pet and was travelling to Mexico to adopt a chupacabra to help fill the void. Whatever the reason for travelling through my hood, I wish it health and safe travels. I made this big guy to honor our famous visitor, and it will be proudly displayed at my entry gate.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
He is fantastic!!! OMG, I love it! So unique and a fun way to bring in the local lore. Do you have photos of the frame? How did you get all that spanish moss to stick? Great job!!

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
WAY back when I was a wee tot, there was a rash of sightings in my neighborhood (google south weber Utah bigfoot and it'll pop up lots of accounts from 1980). Food was being stolen/eaten. Livestock being killed, and bigfoot sightings. So, as any good backwater township, they formed a posse to hunt it down. Meanwhile, some Teens thought it a great idea to make a fake. They nearly got shot, the posse disbanded because of it, and the DWR come in to investigate and lay traps.

The DWR officer's account of seeing it across the field I worked at, and deciding they had no way of handling it if they managed to capture it stuck out in my mind and I grew up with a healthy respect that just maybe Bigfoot was real, and if he is, he's scary as hell. I always kept an eye on the treeline working that field as a result.

Were I to encounter yours in the dark, I'd either be shooting or running.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
That is one cool prop! Some imaginative lighting, it's gonna be a big hit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't seem to get a picture to load right now, but it is a PVC frame with chicken wire covering it. I took clumps of moss and pushed a few inches through the holes in the chicken wire, layering from the ground up. Surprisingly easy, and last year it held up for a full 36 days, with very little maintenance. It is also still very light, I would say less than 50 pounds. The face is a mask I found in someone's trash, and I bought the werewolf gloves. Next year I plan to have feet, and they will probably be carved wood and will be part of the stand that holds him up.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Go out late one night and place him in a wooded area just off the side of a busy road and see what kind of response you get. Pretty cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts