Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to making my own witch prop. It took quite a few beers to get everything right, but I am stoked with the results.

The head is a hack from a Doug Fir. I used air dry clay to mold the face which I based around makeup prosthetics. The hair is a $5 dollar wig that I matted with Monster mud. For the cauldron I used a trash can and built out a frame and covered that with more mud before painting it and giving it a overflowing look with great stuff.

Thank you to all of those who have posted the great how-tos and advice on this forum especially ScareFx and Unpleasantries for the inspiration.

YouTube - Witch Prop

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great Job! The face looks creepy. I like the green bubbling over the cauldron stuff. I need to get around to building my own animated props. =]

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
Very nice clay work..Animation is smooth, and the dressing is detailed. A+ From Ghoul School.
And I can totally relate to the beer statement, We sould get together and drink up a bunch of props!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds great Doc and Thank you. The only problem is the more I throw back the more grandiose my ideas become and the more I want to build. If that is a problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts