Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing I had to buy was the top piece.

Cardboard and Styrofoam I got from work, free.
Paint I already had from two years ago.
Top piece was a two pack from the 99cent store.

I know cardboard is not the best thing to use, but its only gonna be out the day of. The fence (still working on it) will be up this coming weekend cause that will handle the weather.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,086 Posts
Those are quite lovely! Great job. :)

I've got cardboard/foam columns and they have held up over 6 years at this point and that's including getting drenched a few times. I usually leave them out for at least two weeks each year too. I think if you know that heavy rain is coming, making them easy to pick up and get into a garage is a good idea, but the paint (if acrylic/latex) acts as a decent moisture barrier and those columns will hold up longer than you think!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I like to make thins out of nothing or for as cheap as I can, its kind of like a challenge for me. My fence ( two 8ft sections) I made for less then $20.

Those are quite lovely! Great job. :)

I've got cardboard/foam columns and they have held up over 6 years at this point and that's including getting drenched a few times. I usually leave them out for at least two weeks each year too. I think if you know that heavy rain is coming, making them easy to pick up and get into a garage is a good idea, but the paint (if acrylic/latex) acts as a decent moisture barrier and those columns will hold up longer than you think!
I used latex paint and I was wondering how it would hold up? I thought since the bottom had a 3 inch thick foam it keep the cardboard for the mornings wet grass and wouldn't wear so much? I think I will set them out this weekend and see how it gos, don't think we have any rain coming soon?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts