Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the chest at a yardsale for a buck. I found the color changing LED lights at the dollar tree. Paid 3$ for those. I found a thin plastic tray and cut to fit inside. Turned lights on and placed inside the chest. They fit nicely. Placed some small plastic jewels I had on top of the tray. The cool thing is the lights are color changing so it's always glowing a different color while it sparkles and twinkles along with a slow fade to color changing. I have to remove the tray to turn on and off, but nothing too complicated.
I was surprised how easily this all came together.
Here's a vid of it in action
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6p6M1ODdY&feature=youtu.be

View attachment 196917
View attachment 196929
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done. I would say you knocked it out of the park!
Thank you. I was amazed that I was able to make it so easily. Not that gifted in the prop building area , so if something works out for me as easily as this I'm in the clouds. LOL.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try to post a quik video of the effect. It won't be as dark but wanted to show how it looks.
*edit* guess I can't upload here from photobucket. Will try something else.

·
Registered
917 Posts
This is very cool! You did an awesome job. :D
I need to get some of those candles, never would have thought to use them in something like this.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I have a little clip of the color changing now. I will have some small lighting on it so it won't be as dark when set up. You should be able to see how it changes color in the video though.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That looks really good. I watched the video, and love the way it looks lit up. I Gave you a comment and A like on You Tube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts