Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

After 4 revisions of plexi glass, and a feeling that this will never work, I finallt finished my 3- axis skull

This is using NO VSA or programming chips. All I have is a servo controller bought from servocity.com that has 4 knobs on it to create a routine. You hit record, and the thing remembers what movements you did. The best part is, it has a loop button.

I am really happy with this. This is my first real mechanical thing i have built minus a simple pneumatic popper.

I just need to work on the jaw a bit because the piano wire is sliding out of the hole

hope you enjoy!!!

YouTube - 3 axis skull

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Very nice! And without vsa!
I know the feeling about thinking its never going to work. We've been having that feeling alot as well.

MsM

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow........that is awesome....

Do you have a part # for the controller you bought? I created a simple R/C skull for thi syear but would love to do something similar to yours for next year. Any help would be great.Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great job....I know the frustration....mines almost done...without vsa?? Wow. Buckaneerbabe helped me with the actual build and purchasing the right stuff and Dionicia has helped me so much with all the software...vsa and parlay. Hopefully I'll be done with a full routine this week. Thanks for all your help BB and Dionicia!!

·
Bucky Brain Surgeon
908 Posts
I got to learn VSA, Exorcist, Creative Wave Studio and Phoenix's 7.1 sound builder last year on 5 skelies, a 3 axis, two 2 axis and 2 with just a jaw servo, plus I've been working with a couple of new props with VSA 4 this year. If you get stuck I might be able to help too. Lemme know.

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
That's great! I've got one of those servo city recorders and they are easy to program but it takes a lot of coordination to move the different knobs at the right time, together and in different directions...kind of like patting your head and rubbing your belly at the same time but with two more locations.

The repeat is great but I wish it had a trigger option so you could hook it to a motion sensor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts