Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture of the progress on my 2nd tombstone, been fighting a bad back, and a cold, so I haven't gotten as far as I would've hoped. But even if I don't get it completely finished it is far enough along to join my set up this year :)
AgathaProgressPic1.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Neverhart, I use a combination of an exacto, and dremel, I tape down the epitaph, instead of tracing with a pen or marker, I trace it with an exacto knife, then when I dremel out the insides of the letters, I get a nice clean line. It is very tedious and time consuming. I tried using just an exacto knife held on a 45 degree angle, but never had much success.
Samsung Galaxy Photos 10-30-2014 098.jpg
Samsung Galaxy Photos 10-30-2014 779.jpg
Samsung Galaxy Photos 10-30-2014 781.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Darthrott. I understand about the tedium: I do the Xacto method and wind up chipping out the fill with the blade, which works fine... but, yeah... tedious. What Dremel bit do you use? I tried a Dremel by itself, but the control factor multiplied by the foam's unwillingness to let you carve a straight line equals a mess.

My dream is to find a CNC machine I can set to the task... I can draw straight lines and clean text in Illustrator all day. (-:

Again: great job.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use the 1/8" cutting bit, I believe it is #561, for some strange reason if you go left to right or top to bottom, in other words keep cutting clockwise it seems to cut straighter, easier to control, I also use the cutting guide that let's you adjust the depth. Hope the tips help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts