Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finished most of my haunt, at least for now. I will be adding music and fog machines this weekend. I might add a cemetary later.

I did 6 scenes this year. Amazing what did not make the cut this year. 2 12 foot skeletons, a 12 foot tree, A 9 foot tall rex, dinosaurs, sabre tooth tigers, ghoul in a tunnel, toxic waste dump, burning men, burning house. Nice to know I can mix it up next year.

there is a video at the bottom if anyone is interested.

1. A cornfield with tree monsters chasing creatures through it. I resurrected my pumpkin sentinels which I have not used in a couple of years for this.

Plant Purple Entertainment Pink Art

2. A spider scene. I was not going to do a spider scene this year but when I snagged the large one from Home Depot that all changed.

Purple Organism Entertainment Performing arts Electric blue

3. Gates of Hell scene. Hellspawn, creepers, hellhounds and the devil all coming through a portal ready to wreak havoc on the earth

Purple Entertainment Performing arts Electric blue Magenta

4. New for this year a canibal family. I snagged some mannequins from Sears really cheap and turned some of them into this family chopping bodies apart, roasting them over a fires and chowing down.

Plant Tree Purple Entertainment Pink

5. One of my oldest but favorite scenes is my witches gathered around the cauldron casting spells and causing all types of trouble.

Plant Purple Entertainment Violet Tree

6. A new scene from last year. sleepy hollow and the headless horseman cutting off peoples head and taking them for his own. Unfortunately he can only use each head for one night and hangs the old heads in the trees.

Purple Violet Tree Plant Entertainment

Editing in a scene I put together after I did the post. A pumpkin patch troll style.

Plant Purple Nature Tree World

Orange Pumpkin Calabaza Creative arts Lantern

·
Registered
534 Posts
Finished most of my haunt, at least for now. I will be adding music and fog machines this weekend. I might add a cemetary later.

I did 6 scenes this year. Amazing what did not make the cut this year. 2 12 foot skeletons, a 12 foot tree, A 9 foot tall rex, dinosaurs, sabre tooth tigers, ghoul in a tunnel, toxic waste dump, burning men, burning house. Nice to know I can mix it up next year.

there is a video at the bottom if anyone is interested.

1. A cornfield with tree monsters chasing creatures through it. I resurrected my pumpkin sentinels which I have not used in a couple of years for this.

View attachment 754605

2. A spider scene. I was not going to do a spider scene this year but when I snagged the large one from Home Depot that all changed.

View attachment 754606

3. Gates of Hell scene. Hellspawn, creepers, hellhounds and the devil all coming through a portal ready to wreak havoc on the earth

View attachment 754607

4. New for this year a canibal family. I snagged some mannequins from Sears really cheap and turned some of them into this family chopping bodies apart, roasting them over a fires and chowing down.

View attachment 754608

5. One of my oldest but favorite scenes is my witches gathered around the cauldron casting spells and causing all types of trouble.

View attachment 754609
6. A new scene from last year. sleepy hollow and the headless horseman cutting off peoples head and taking them for his own. Unfortunately he can only use each head for one night and hangs the old heads in the trees.

View attachment 754610

Wow! That is phenomenal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now, the question, Internet Troll...

Is that middle witch supposed to look like a Trollface?
Lol….. I wish I could take credit for that but was not thinking that when I designed the face.. I never noticed it until now. I do see the resemblance though.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
I like your lighting and all the various scenes. You must have a good amount of land to work with since I don’t see scenes overlapping. Interesting take on the headless horseman. Is that the HD horse wrapped? Do you decorate your house as well? If so curious what you do there. Nice job on everything.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,252 Posts
I was intrigues by the cannibal family. They were positioned so realistically. That would be unnerving. Looks like real people. Love what you do with all the blacklight props. Simply stunning and cornstalks and people running away is so original. Bravo. What wattage blacklights (i am sure they are amazon, right? )are those....

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Looks great! I love how your witches all look so gleeful while they're being evil! LOL! And wow, sounds like you have quite a rotation of stuff so you can change it all up frequently! Very cool!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I like your lighting and all the various scenes. You must have a good amount of land to work with since I don’t see scenes overlapping. Interesting take on the headless horseman. Is that the HD horse wrapped? Do you decorate your house as well? If so curious what you do there. Nice job on everything.
Thank you. It is a home Depot horse that I corpsed with a fire and ice light in it's throat l. I also have a fog machine hooked up to it.

Some years I do the house, some I don't depending on my time and motivation. Last year I had skeletons attacking the house led by the 12 footer. I've had spider attacking the house in the past. This year I'm not doing it though.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was intrigues by the cannibal family. They were positioned so realistically. That would be unnerving. Looks like real people. Love what you do with all the blacklight props. Simply stunning and cornstalks and people running away is so original. Bravo. What wattage blacklights (i am sure they are amazon, right? )are those....
Thank you. The lights are 40 watts from Amazon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts