Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the picture overload, but this is what all the hard work is about. Seeing a vision come to fruition. I've got 6 of the 7 scenes I planned set up. I need to make some new lava pits before setting up my last scene.

Scene one is using swirling red and orange lights is the 3 witches casting a spell summoning the devil

Scene 2 in solid green is the gates of hell opening up. The hordes precede the devil through the portal. All the ground creepers, climbing creepers, hellspawn, demonic snakes etc...

Scene 3 in purple is the open gates of hell bringing inanimate objects like trees to life. They are attacking a woodsman who chose the wrong words to cut down a tree.

Scene 4 in a green and white swirl is the gates mutating living creatures like spiders and they are wrapping up humans and animals in their webs.

Scenes 5 and 6 are combined using a combo of blue and red lights. In part 1 The open gates are reanimating the dead turning them into zombies.

In part 2 the open gates of hell are corrupting the heart of man causing the graveyard keeper to attack, kill and cut up others.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,065 Posts
I love seeing the contrast between the day and night shots. I mean, the day shots are really nifty because you can see the details and make out what is where and all that... but the night shots with the lighting? A-MAZ-waitforit-ING.

I love the colors, the saturation of the scenes, the creepy details just pop when you start really looking and it's just lovely.

GREAT display. Two skelly thumbs UP.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love seeing the contrast between the day and night shots. I mean, the day shots are really nifty because you can see the details and make out what is where and all that... but the night shots with the lighting? A-MAZ-waitforit-ING.

I love the colors, the saturation of the scenes, the creepy details just pop when you start really looking and it's just lovely.

GREAT display. Two skelly thumbs UP.
Thank you

It Looks just Great! Thanks for posting it helps motivate the rest of us!
Thanks

Great Job! I started to look at the pictures and kept scrolling up and down because your place nearly resembles one of the places on the Great American Light fight last year. Love the lighting.
Thank you.

Looks great!
thanks

Loved the spider making a web, looks great at night!
Thanks
Great details and fabulous lighting! I like that you have a story to it!!

What did you use for the spider web?
Thanks, I used a combination of beef netting and the stuff you buy in bags at the store.

Very nice!! Absolutely love the spiders and webs!! Lighting is great also����
Thank you
This is fantastic! Love all your trees to. How do the props and beef netting hold up to rain?
The beef netting is fine. The bagged webs start to show wear after a couple of storms, especially with all the leaves falling into them. But it’s easy enough to straighten up.

All the props I’ve made in past years hold up well in the weather. I’ve had them up in very heavy winds over the last couple of years and so far, so good. (Knocking on wood). I design everything to be water proof so water is not a concern.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts