Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my display has been up now since Labor Day weekend and finished tweeking it and did our anual video of our display......What changed since last year? Redid our ghost to a crank ghost....modified merlin and his staff (which is now lighted)....redid our old pirate and made a treasure chest for him (found the chest at Salvation army store).....And the big project that some have seen me posting on for over 4 months is the New 15' spider on our garage. Link for video is in my signature.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow, that is amazing!!!! You are so creative. I am really fond of the headless horseman you made, and that outhouse is hilarious!!! My knd of haunt.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
harboe69, I love your display. Great Merlin! My theme this year is a Conjurers Consortium and I have 8 wizards. Still working on display for the 31st.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mausoleum

just watched your video great work i really loved your masoleum how did you come up with the idea for that

THE WIFE! Ok she said something about a mausoleum. My dad is actually buried in a cemetary that has alot of mausoleums so we took alot of pictures of different ones. The base is 2x6 framing that is built in two sections as is the roof. The walls are all built as 2' x 6' panels out of 2x 2's and 3/8 plywood. The entire thing bolts together so it can be stored easily. the posts are PVC and it is all painted to give the impression of old stone. The coffins inside that probably show better in previous years videos i handmade.

I guess the biggest thing about our display is not much is purchased as-is. My wife tends to throw out ideas and i being an engineer just take it and run. We have hand made everything and all the costumes are things we find at the salvation army or good will stores. Except the lighting but we manage to get floodlights real cheap at Menards usually after Christmas ( OMG I JUST SAID THAT EVIL WORD ON HERE!) I am glad everyone likes it. OH and the outhouse? I remodeled our downstairs bathroom and my wife thought it would be funny to put someone on the old toilet outside for halloween........UM NO! So i took the seat and made her an outhouse. AS LONG AS THE WIFE IS HAPPY THAT IS GOLDEN! LMAO

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks for the quick respones we've been thinking about the masoleum project for awhile so any help is appreciated ..... same goes on my end happy wife happy life

1 - 10 of 10 Posts