Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just in time for this season, I just had a chance to upload my last years home yard haunt. I had a lot of fun creating this masterpiece and I can't wait for this halloween to come! We had about 700 people come through this last year and I just hoping for it to grow bigger and bigger this year!

I love to focus on the atmospherics...especially the lighting and sound. This year I am going bigger and better with bigger sets, and extended route for the ToT's to walk, projection, and more tricks and scenes to make you scared silly!

Please check out my haunt and enjoy!

Happy Haunting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np-__4xnkQs

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! Its a labor of love!

Love it! What kind of lighting are you using?
DarkhavenManor - I used a mixture of conventional lighting as well as LED lighting. Everything on the facade was LED par cans all control via DMX. There are 2 Chauvet slim par 56's on the front that I have hidden inside the pillar with the gargoyle on top, along with a Chauvet LED strobe light and a few Chauvet COLORdash accents. I also use par20's throughout the haunt for accent lighting. On the roof, I have 1 Source4 Leko with a gobo that shined over the facade (I really liked how this turned out).

I work as lighting designer here in California so I have fun playing with different kinds of specialty lighting. I am excited for this year, I have way more in depth lighting. I now have 4 Lekos which I plan to fill the street with gobos as well as accent some scenes in haunt. I also have 2 Martin Atomic 3000 Strobes that are off the charts bright. As well a whole array of new LED lights. I just bought a BooBox Flex Max from FrightProps and I plan to use the DMX features to make a cool scene at the beginning of the haunt to set the mood.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
That's really fantastic! I would definitely be creeped out to go in there! I'm especially taken with the façade on the front of the house where the TOTers enter - does that come apart or is it a solid piece? And I didn't get a close enough look in the fireplace - I love the lighting in there! What is it lighting up & what kind of lights are they? Really great looking! :cool:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's really fantastic! I would definitely be creeped out to go in there! I'm especially taken with the façade on the front of the house where the TOTers enter - does that come apart or is it a solid piece? And I didn't get a close enough look in the fireplace - I love the lighting in there! What is it lighting up & what kind of lights are they? Really great looking! :cool:
Thank you for the comment! The facade is made of a few 4x8 flats that I built. So they are 4x8 frames with luan board on them. I cut the roof out of luan, and I think it added a cool dimension to it. They all bolt together and come apart for easy storage!

The fireplace was a fun project to do this year. The lights are a a funny story. Last year, I was working at Sea World here in San Diego and i was in charge of the christmas lighting overlay for the theme park. And the christmas lighting supplier had given us some samples of these lights that would have the effect of dripping from the trees. A really cool effect, and I had the idea to turn it upside down and use it as something similar to flames. I think it turned out great. Here is the link to them if you wanted to check them out. They are pretty cool lights :)

https://s4lights.com/versaline/meteor-shower-lights/led-1-5-meteor-shower-red-625nm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts