Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought of my 2009 halloween theme. It will be Horror in Winter Wonder Land. The main focus will be christmas time turned scary. Alot of the christmas props go on sale for pretty cheap so it will give me plenty of time to think of ways to make them scary. I have a few idea's so far but still need a ton more. So any you have and that you want to share would be great. :p Thanks!

Okay so here goes nuthing.
1. Killer snowman
2. Raindeer that feed on children
3. Cannibles Mr. and Mrs. Clause
4. Prisonerd carloers. (there so annoying!) While little evil elves terrorize them.

5. A grand christmas tree with eyeball ornements, hanging body parts and a severd head for the top.

6. Gifts wrapped with hands and legs sticking out.

7. Evil Jack in the Box Toy.

8. A dinner feast......

9. Hot coals burning bluckys.

10. A body roasting on an openfire.

11. Lot's of blood in the snow.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Dont forget the Grinch... only make it a real Halloween Grinch, with huge glowing yellow eyes and big teeth with dripping blood...

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input and the ideas. Does anyone think it would be offensive seeing that people celebrate christmas and the winter season for religon?

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Thanks for the input and the ideas. Does anyone think it would be offensive seeing that people celebrate christmas and the winter season for religon?
No. Christmas is hardly about religion anymore even if you don't want to admit it.

Sure the church and jesus stuff still is, obviously. But your not going to be altering them. Santa has nothing to do with religion, so having a killer santa shouldn't bother anyone.

If you were to have a mutant corpse baby jesus with maggots coming from his eyes and stigmata already on him, maybe a different story.

However on the off chance someone were to get pissy a simple 'get over yourself' should suffice.

·
Hauntless
8,349 Posts
Thanks for the input and the ideas. Does anyone think it would be offensive seeing that people celebrate Christmas and the winter season for religion?
Since you asked, here's my thought. Christmas and all it's happy aspects should be a protected happy place for kids. I would think there would be no problem with this idea if only adults would see this. If it's going to be in public view, you might tick off some parents and tinge the view of Christmas with the little ones.

I'm a devout Christian. For the religious aspect, as long as you don't use religious Christmas items - you could be okay. But there are many flavors of Christians and it could bother some.

So, bottom-line: For all the work you will be putting into this, why risk it? I got burnt a little bit last year putting a hangman out on a gallows. I found out later, I had upset some black neighbors (was not my intention at all). To this day, I feel bad about it and it somewhat tarnished my feeling of the haunt that year. Oh well.

·
The Evil Spectre
1,220 Posts
I do this now all the time...I always have a skeleton in the front yard, and I throw a Santa Hat and beard on him, and have a Christmas bag full of body parts laying in front of him...

I also have about 6 3' tall skeletons that I use as elves...just pose them cutting up toys and other silly stuff...

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Great idea! I like the body roasting on an open fire :) I don't think it would offend anyone as long as you don't have massacre at the nativity or something that would involve a zombified Jesus. Then you'd be tempting fate. Santa, reindeer, snowmen etc. have nothing to do with "real" Christmas.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I agree with everyone about the religon part. I would never intentially use a religous god or anything like that. Just want to give the season a twist.I did think of another idea not sure how to pull it off but instead of having carolers in the jail, I could have them frozen in ice blocks screaming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts