1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be gentle :) ....

Okay, I was bored.
Took about 10 minutes.
Not sloppy enough. I think the red is too bright.
Hair's not wavy or green yet.
No costume trial run, just wanted
to try and attempt the makeup.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
i'll be nice...

yeps, needs more slop :D

try working with the natural lines your face makes ;)

over all looks pretty darn good TRJ, :)

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

yeps, needs more slop :D

try working with the natural lines your face makes ;)

over all looks pretty darn good TRJ, :)
Thanks, DM, yep, needs more "slop" LOL.

It was around 1:30am when I did it.

Will try again tomorrow or Wednesday.

I have some close-ups of the actual make-up on HL's face.

Maybe that will help. And a small artist's brush, which I have to get the fine lines around my eyes.

Thanks again
:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, looks good! Haha, all I've got to worry about this year is a bit of black around the eyes for my mask. I don't even want to do that, nonetheless layer it on my whole face. Good luck to you with the rest of that.

The only thing I'd mention is maybe a whiter white? Err, more white anyways. It might just be the picture or I could be seeing things wrong, but with exception to the battle scenes the joker lays that stuff on pretty thick. And I'm sure you've got dozens of reference pictures, and this one is pretty common, but I wanted to mention is for the eyes:

Kind of like a side-ways 0. You'll have to improv most of that, because like dogman mentioned, all Heath's makeup was tailored to his face. You guys have very different features so don't be afraid to change what ever you have to. The eyes use a lot of natural shadows:

Thats a good example. Compare it with the first one and while the makeup doesn't follow that exact shape, it does use it as a major guide.

Anyways, hope you have a good time and everything goes well!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.
The lights in my bathroom washed out the clown white and I'm gonna practice again....gonna use a small artist's brush to outline my eyes and draw on the smile, until it looks better. :D
So did I creep anyone else out?
LOL :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
I think it looks pretty creepy!

I wonder if it's just a matter of smearing it on, letting it dry a bit, wipe off and then repeat, several times, to get a layered, dried out look. Does that make any sense at all?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I don't know if it's the way the picture came out, or if it's the lighting in the bathroom, but something I'd recommend is more black around the eyes...and not further out, but in REAL close - all over the eyelids, if you can (you'll notice in some pic's of HL that his eyes are just COVERED in black makeup).

Really get it black and dark right in around the eye...that will help make them pop as well, since the black will go right up to the white of your eye (perhaps some eye-liner will be necessary to get that black right in there).

Looking real good though! Nice and disturbing...

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
If you make a "surprised" face, (lift your eyebrows really high) and then apply the white to your forehead, it will emphasize horizontal lines across your forehead. Then you can color them in a little with a small brush and some grey. Like RedSonja suggested, Dark Knight Joker's makeup looked pretty messy, like the crazy had been just smearing it on without starting fresh for DAYS. :eek: I'd say for a midnight run first try, it looks pretty darn good!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you, EMel...
I'm gonna try again tonight, after work.
And also look for translucent powder next payday...Oct. 10th

This costume so far (including make up, hairspray and my "prop" knife) only set me back around $45 so far...all costume pieces ecept my shoes and tie were found at Goodwill.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think it looks pretty good. One question, are you going to go for the scarring around the mouth too? Like with um, putty or whatever is used to make raised scars? Just wondering!

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Theatrical cream make-up.

Scarring, around the mouth, yes, once I find some rigid collodian.

And crapptacular Joker masks, yeas they suck. And suck hard. LOL.

I might opt for no-rub make-up instead, this is just a test.

Thanks to everyone for their input so far. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts