Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am travelling to Transworld for the first time this year and I was hoping for pointers on how to make the most of the trip. What are the must see events for the home haunter at the show. (This is not a charity haunt or a pro haunt. I just like to decorate the house.) How long do I need to spend on the sales floor? Is there one or more booths that you feel are the ones not to miss? How are the at show sales? Are they offering deep discounts or are they not really much better than one can find elsewhere?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Any "Deep discounts " would only be probably seen the last half-day the show is happening.
I don't know, but will you be able to get in if you are not a Pro-haunter? Or taken along by a haunt owner? I think an admission is charged also (And it might be more than just a couple of bucks? )
To buy many times you need proof you have a business , a tax resale number, and that you are there to buy "Dozens" of like items, unless you stop by a very small booth where the artist does it all-sort-of-thing?
I have not been to Trans World in years, and maybe you have already checked out these items I have mentioned?
Just trying to help.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Gym is right about needing 'proof of business' to get tickets but you can also get in with a letter of recommendation from a vendor.
I am not going this year but I've heard rumors that the organizers of the show are tightening the rules for attendance and rules regarding booths for vendors.
The best prices are on Sunday but you run the risk that the items you want are gone. The vendors don't want to haul the stuff home again so they usually mark down prices.
I think the classes are the most beneficial, so you might want to see if there is something that would interest you.
The sales floor will take hours to go through if you want to see everything. I suggest you try to see everything on the floor that you can. Even if you just browse, the ideas you can get are amazing. The Darkness booth is one not to miss, great examples of design.
Hope you have a great time!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I work for a charity haunt as well so that is how I am getting into the event. I am just curious about how to maximize this for my own home haunt as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Depends on what you are interested in? I am a home haunter and I think most on this forum are home haunters its not that hard to get in if you purchase from vendors that attend the show (you can google Transworld halloween and the haas website will be 1st on the list, top of the screen "exhibitor" look for list of exhibitors). Cost in advance is $55 per person, hotel is where it gets expensive, basically $150 per night or more (if you can find a room). Booths/ Vendors that are must see???? Gore Galore, Distortions, FrightProps, The Dark Room (lots of vendors in there) then depends on what you are looking for? makeup? fog? parts? masks? paint ball? insurance? costumes? wall panels? escape rooms? many things that you never thought about (probably)? Must see??? The Darkness if you have never been is imo one of the best haunted houses in the country, This year we are doing six flags on Saturday night though. Marriott across from the convention center offers food discounts as long as you show your badge. This is our 4th time going so if you have specific questions please let me know. I have said it before if this is your first year when you walk through those doors you will be overwhelmed, start at one side and walk up and down the isles get ideas of what you want, then compare vendors. Bring a backpack as all the literature that you will be handed its very easy to put in your backpack instead of carrying a bag, wear comfortable shoes!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have attended Transworld the last four years. Defiantly take time to explore all the booths and speak with the different vendors. Some must see booths for me would include: Morris Costumes, Sunstar, Distortions, and Poison Props. That said, The Best Halloween Store Ever is my personal favorite. The owner Tiana and her brother are great to deal with! They carry a wonderful assortment of one of a kind latex props, each one truly unique.

Here is a picture of there booth this year :) Enjoy the show!!

IMG_1408.jpg

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
I have attended Transworld the last four years. Defiantly take time to explore all the booths and speak with the different vendors. Some must see booths for me would include: Morris Costumes, Sunstar, Distortions, and Poison Props. That said, The Best Halloween Store Ever is my personal favorite. The owner Tiana and her brother are great to deal with! They carry a wonderful assortment of one of a kind latex props, each one truly unique.

Here is a picture of there booth this year :) Enjoy the show!!

View attachment 275347
The prices on those props definitely don't look like Canadian Retail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts